Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ambient

Page: 1 of 1
 El Virus
09-25-2004, 12:40 PM
Hola, Priviet, Hello; I am new, but I have been kind of active on the forums these last few days, but you ought to understand that this is my first forum experience, which I have saved for one of my favourite games (if not my favourite), the Grim Fandango. It is a great, interesting forum.
Anyway I just wanted to know which was your favourite “Ambient” in the game (i.e. which scene do you thing has the best music, the best background, etc.).
My personal choices are the music on Max’s office and I really love year 2 of the game, I think all Rubacava is great.
Other Ambients I really like are the music on the LSA HQ, and the Compaсeros (the one where the clown appears, in other words the Day of the Dead on year 1)
 JofaGuht
09-25-2004, 3:22 PM
Edge of the World/Mayan Train Pad
 Shuz
09-25-2004, 10:15 PM
The Blue Casket
 VampireNaomi
09-25-2004, 10:47 PM
High Roller's Lounge. The music is great, I really like the place, talking with Nick is fun and Glottis in the background is hilarious.
 El Virus
09-28-2004, 5:09 PM
Thank you, although this wasn't such a popular forum, the three of you replied, I got to know something about you.
So again thank you for replying.
 Kloreep
09-29-2004, 7:33 PM
My two favorites for overall atmosphere are the whole pyramid at the End of the World, and Hector's greenhouse-type complex at the end of the game. There's something both chilling and, literally, wonder-full about the pyramid. And the flower garden area is simply chilling, oppressive, and scary - everything it should be.

For music, the Blue Casket Bop and Los Angelitos. Ninth Heaven and Compaсeros are good too.
 Necroman
10-02-2004, 8:07 AM
I know it's a little late to write this, but my favorite part is when you pass that huge zepelin and the petrified forest when you're in the bone wagon.
 El Virus
10-02-2004, 8:09 AM
The music on that bridge is great, as I said before, all Rubacava is great.:D
The end of the world is amazing too.
 El Virus
10-03-2004, 6:01 AM
I won GF again, and I realised that the ending is great too, the music, the scene, all of it. I always stay watching the credits, they are great.
I always miss the characters of the game, all of them are great.
But while I was reading the credits, I saw the name Raoul, I never got to know who Raoul was, could somebody tell me?
 VampireNaomi
10-03-2004, 8:16 AM
Raoul was the waiter in High Roller's Lounge. I love him, he's so funny!

I haven't watched the ending in about a year. The last time I did it gave me such a sad feeling and I want to wait a while before I see it again.
 El Virus
10-03-2004, 8:52 AM
Thanks, I always wondered who he was, I think on the spanish dub he is called Ruben or something like that.
Every time I watch the ending I get sad, but still it's worth it, I can play this game hundreds of times, and I'll never get bored.The game gives you a glorious feeling once you finish it, it's amazing:)
 anomalousresult
10-06-2004, 5:04 PM
well (can't remember if this is an old topic or not) being a complete jazz hound, i love the music in the blue casket, but also quite like glottis' piano playing in manny's club, just something a little bit groovy to listen to, but then i do have the original doom midi sountrack :)
 El Virus
10-07-2004, 2:38 PM
It's not an old topic, I posted it less than a month ago.
The jazz music of this game is amazing, as well as the rest of the music, but the jazz music is one of those things that make Rubacava beautiful.
Other musics from this game I like are Swanky Maximino, Neon Ledge, Lost Souls' Alliance, The Enlightened Florist and Manny & Meche
(I really love this game's music, I have downloaded it from grimfandango.net, and passed it to a CD & to a tape, so I can hear on my car, when I get out of my city.:)
Page: 1 of 1