Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

PS2 - No Mic Problem

Page: 1 of 1
 VylStyle
09-24-2004, 9:05 PM
I have a dedicated server set up. I have had no problems with my mic in any other rooms, however when I go to my server I have no mic and cant hear the other players. What do I need to do to fix it?
 Freeski
09-26-2004, 4:52 PM
Im having the same problem man. Im guessing we need to open up a port but Im not sure which one. I set my PC as a DMZ host on my router but still no luck. Makes no sense..
 kevstev
09-29-2004, 10:08 AM
same here... I think it may be a limitation of my router though. What routers are you guys using? Can anyone confirm that they HAVE actually gotten their mic to work while hosting a server on their network?
-K
 ksitztfl
09-30-2004, 9:03 PM
Hey guys I've been having the exact problem, I'm using a linksys router, wired, just wondering if anyone had any luck, I tried opening up the gamespy recommended voice ports on both my PC and my PS2 ip addresses but no luck... HELP PLEASE
 Echo_t
10-05-2004, 6:40 AM
I had the same problem. It turned out that I had the ports on my router set to UDP and TCP. they only need to be set to TCP. Once the unchecked UDP it worked fine.

You should not have any ports on you router set to UDP.
 VylStyle
10-05-2004, 5:32 PM
I have still had no success in figuring this out. Is everyone that has a dedicated PS2 server ran from their computer getting no sound? I can't believe that is supposed to work that way...gotta be a fix for it...

Vyl
 FBI.SKUNK
10-12-2004, 3:18 AM
Same thing, NO MIC!!!. It works fine in every other room exept the one I'm hosting on my computer. I downloaded the PS2 Server program from Lucasfiles. I hope the Problem is fixed since you can only host 4 players on PS2 vs. 6-16 players on PC hosted room. THIS SUCKS!!!!
 djmoose
10-18-2005, 10:39 PM
Is there an official update on this? Vito told me about somehow starting up your PS2 first, and then starting to dedicated server...I got mine to work once...but now it's not working again.

Any thoughts?
 MASS
12-04-2007, 2:04 PM
Same problem here. I've tried opening all kinds of ports, only tcp, only udp, both together, with firewall, without firewall, and even putting my ps2 in a dmz, oddly the dmz fixed the mic issue but it made my connection weak and I was losing connection in my own room. I have an upstream bandwidth well over 1Mbps, I just don't get it. I was able to get the mics for other people to work but I couldn't hear them and they couldn't hear me... They were only able to hear each other. I don't know what to do about this... I seen somewhere on here somebody said someting about our connections may be too fast... WTF?!?
Page: 1 of 1