Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Is connecting with dial up possible?

Page: 1 of 1
 Zaxam
09-24-2004, 2:22 PM
Greetings,

I get satalite internet in a few weeks. But till then is it even possible to connect to SWB with a 56K modem.

If so any advice on how I can get it to work. As for right now all the games I try to join have a single red bar in the ping area.

Am I just fubared till my satalite gets here?
 Iceman_IX
09-24-2004, 2:58 PM
Basically, yeah. Gonna have to wait. Even with broadband, if I don't connect to a server with atleast 3-4 bars I can't play. 200 ping = impossible to play. It's choppy as all hell.
 Billy10Men
09-27-2004, 4:41 PM
No wanting to upset you more...but Satellite Broadband is great for downloads unfortunately because of the great round trip for the data you’ll have an even worse unplayable lag for games :(

IDSN 128k, DSL or Cable is a must at the mo
128K IDSN copes quite well up to 20 players after 24 you’ll need something meatier.

With any luck in a few months we could see some network optimisation code added into a future patch for all the 56k'rs out there.
Page: 1 of 1