Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How Can Boba Fett be Alive

Page: 2 of 2
 Spider AL
10-01-2004, 8:35 AM
Only what appears on screen is considered "canon".This may be technically correct, but since the prequels are so utterly feeble and devoid of merit, I prefer to think of them as non-canonical. Everyone should stop worshipping he of the beard and the triple-chin, and do likewise.

First off all, let me say I disaprove of your use a certain 3 letter word (or as you wrote it with 4), as it is used in a derogatory way.Oh, so you think that people should be prevented from using the word "ghey" eh? Well see this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=136066).
 acdcfanbill
10-01-2004, 9:41 AM
not that i frequent the senate chambers, but go AL ;)
 jedispy
10-01-2004, 11:26 AM
The freedom that Majin Revan has to post:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/MajinRevan/bushismoron.jpg)

is the same freedom I have to say ghey. It's called the first amendment, and not Internet censorship.

http://www.jedispy.com/kerry/kerrybastards.jpg)

Let freedom ring.
 TK-8252
10-01-2004, 12:39 PM
Just to clarify... LucasForums doesn't have "ammendment rights." It's the internet, not the U.S.
 Nokill
10-01-2004, 12:54 PM
is it me or is tis a litle oftopic?
 Neverhoodian
10-01-2004, 7:13 PM
originally posted by Nokill
is it me or is tis a litle oftopic?

Just a little. :p

Anyway, I suppose the bottom line is this:

Lucas came up with this story, so he can do whatever the heck he wants with it. Since it is a work of fiction, however, the fans can believe whatever the heck they want as well.

So did Boba Fett really die? When all is said and done, it's really up to you to decide, and no one can refute it.
 TK-8252
10-01-2004, 7:27 PM
No, Boba Fett didn't die, no matter which story you believe. If you believe that he stayed in the Sarlacc pit, he's going to be alive for a thousand more years. The Sarlacc keeps its meal alive for the painful digestion process, which takes a thousand years.
 Spider AL
10-02-2004, 7:39 AM
The Sarlacc keeps its meal alive for the painful digestion process, which takes a thousand years.Actually there's nothing in the canon to say specifically that the Sarlacc is capable of extending the lifespan of its victims to a millennium, only that it takes the Sarlacc a millennium to digest the tissues of its victims.
 Nokill
10-02-2004, 7:51 AM
if you read my story you can read that the scarec dos expand the live of its victems becous if you die you will be gone in 10 years so the scarlec cna only feed from living victems
 Spider AL
10-02-2004, 7:55 AM
if you read my story you can read that the scarec dos expand the live of its victems becous if you die you will be gone in 10 years so the scarlec cna only feed from living victemsYour story ain't canon mate, no matter how enjoyable it is. ;)
 Nokill
10-02-2004, 7:58 AM
well its to bad the scarec dos not exist for real so we will never know wil we ;)
 Spider AL
10-02-2004, 8:01 AM
well its to bad the scarec dos not exist for real That's what YOU think. I have one in my basement. I throw Jehova's Witnesses into it.
 Nokill
10-02-2004, 8:08 AM
hoooo....

wel at least you use it for a good thing :D
and can you send a litle pic of it?
 Kurgan
10-02-2004, 8:34 AM
Originally posted by TK-8252
Just to clarify... LucasForums doesn't have "ammendment rights." It's the internet, not the U.S.

True, but as long as people follow the rules and post in the right forum, they can say what they want.
 Spider AL
10-02-2004, 8:41 AM
wel at least you use it for a good thing
and can you send a litle pic of it?Yeah. He's a little camera shy, but I caught him unawares. This is a very candid shot. (http://forcewarriors.f2g.net/basement.jpg) He'd kill me if he knew I was posting this on the internet. :D
 Nokill
10-02-2004, 10:03 AM
ooooohh.... its stil a litle one how old is he 50000 years?
its so cute!!! :whtsmile:
 Spider AL
10-02-2004, 11:02 AM
ooooohh.... its stil a litle one how old is he 50000 years?Hey, hey, have a heart. He's very sensitive about his size, okay? He's just a late bloomer.
 jedispy
10-02-2004, 12:32 PM
http://forcewarriors.f2g.net/basement.jpg)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude Spider, you are too funny.
 Nokill
10-02-2004, 1:47 PM
how big can thay get anyway?
 Sam Fisher
10-03-2004, 6:23 AM
Supposedly they can get VERY large underground, but I'm not sure exactly.
 LightNinja
10-03-2004, 6:52 AM
in SWG theres a young sarlacc at Danthomir, i dont know how the hell did the sarlacc travel from tatuin to danthomir; maybe it spits moves 5 times the lightspeed
 Nokill
10-03-2004, 8:36 AM
well thay are fast movers indeed :eek:

that only move if you don't look ;)
 iamtrip
10-03-2004, 9:05 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan
True, but as long as people follow the rules and post in the right forum, they can say what they want.

My threads about horses, emus and flamingos always get locked, even though they're in the right forum.
 Kurgan
10-03-2004, 8:08 PM
Originally posted by iamtrip
My threads about horses, emus and flamingos always get locked, even though they're in the right forum.

I had nothing to do with that. If you want to talk to the person(s) who handled it, in private to discuss, feel free. Still, I'm sure they had a good reason, per the rules, such as those against spammy posts.
 Kurgan
10-03-2004, 8:15 PM
Originally posted by Nokill
Fett's return from the dead was first chronicled in a 1984 Star Wars #81 comic entitled "Jawas of Doom." A dyspeptic Sarlacc regurgitates the hunter onto the desert sands. Fett, stunned and suffering amnesia, stumbles across Solo once again. The tale ends with Fett tumbling into the Sarlacc again, though it was definitely not his last appearance.

In 1985, Fett made an appearance in the animated Droids television series. Toronto-based Nelvana Studios had animated Fett once before, in the aforementioned Holiday Special. Fett's second ink-and-paint cameo aired in the episode "A Race to the Finish."

In 1992, Dark Horse's Dark Empire comic saga was shaking up the Star Wars universe. It was in these full-color pages that readers discovered that Fett was alive and well, and once again on Solo's trail.

the rest ;) [/B]

The "Jawas of Doom" thing was a surprise even to me when I heard about it, and it seems to be real enough (though that would make a great JA clan name don't you think?). Sort of like the 1980 article about Stormtroopers being clones. These just seem to be ideas that weren't picked up on by the EU writers until decades later (when they were running out of ideas).

As to the Droids cartoon, I'm almost positive that those took place BEFORE Return of the Jedi, because I remember references to Jabba the Hutt (as if he were still alive). Unless they also brought Jabba back from the dead in that animated series, it HAD to have taken place pre-ROTJ.

The Star Wars Holiday Special seems to have been de-canonized by Lucas himself after its embarrassing premier, but even if parts of it are still official, I would think that the cartoon debut of Fett is not, since it contradicts almost everything else we know about him from the movies. And in the SWHS itself, it's just a "story" that Chewie's son Lumpy is watching anyway, so it may just be a fairytale or his imagination at work. ; )
 lordrevan686
10-04-2004, 4:31 PM
It didnt show but he flew out of da Sarlaac pit before it ate him comepletly.
 jedispy
10-05-2004, 6:29 AM
It didnt show but he flew out of da Sarlaac pit before it ate him comepletly.
Lots of EU stuff happened in ROTJ that isn't in the movie. According to EU, Mara Jade was undercover at Jabba's palace as the dancer Arica. Why didn't we see her? Well I guess it was a really good disguise.

LOL

Actually in the NPR version of ROTJ, C-3PO talks to Arica. Based on the content of the conversation, I have a hard time believing she was really Mara Jade, unless the Emperor's Hand is that good of an actor.
 Doomie
10-07-2004, 5:58 AM

Well, my dear Trip, that's because they were considered trolling. It's an off-topic forum, but it DOES have rules. And if you make a thread with a poll

1. Horses.
2. ponies

And then explain that 'you're having a hard time choosing.'

and when someone asks if you're gonna buy one you say 'No, i'm just choosing.'

and when it get's locked because it's spam, you start one about

1. Emu's
2. Flamingos

'I'm having a hard time choosing, though i'm not gonna buy one or anything.'

Actually, i saw a lot of complaints about you, about you trolling and being very annoying in general. Perhaps you're just nice enough to stay here, but i still suggest you change your attitude a bit...

And about Fett dieing or not: That totally depends on your point of view. There's no real truth to that.
 Nokill
10-07-2004, 7:37 AM
well we all know now that Fett will always live on like the Emperor by making more clones and tis wil not stop realy soon
becouse Trawn can make stabel clones in 15 days :D

we will never get rid of the Fetts :p
 iamtrip
10-07-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Doomie
Well, my dear Trip, that's because they were considered trolling. It's an off-topic forum, but it DOES have rules. And if you make a thread with a poll

1. Horses.
2. ponies

And then explain that 'you're having a hard time choosing.'

and when someone asks if you're gonna buy one you say 'No, i'm just choosing.'

and when it get's locked because it's spam, you start one about

1. Emu's
2. Flamingos

'I'm having a hard time choosing, though i'm not gonna buy one or anything.'

Actually, i saw a lot of complaints about you, about you trolling and being very annoying in general. Perhaps you're just nice enough to stay here, but i still suggest you change your attitude a bit...

And about Fett dieing or not: That totally depends on your point of view. There's no real truth to that.

I said I wasn't buying, I was adopting!
And it wasn't spammy because I only posted 1 time and it locked!

You let posts about Luke Skywacker's haircuts stay open, but not serious threads about the difficulties in selecting birds or mammals!
 primalunderdog
10-10-2004, 3:37 PM
actualy i think dengar helped boba out of the pit.Read the encyclopedia.
 jedispy
10-10-2004, 4:27 PM
As much as I love EU, let's face it. GL originally intended B.Fett to die in the Sarlacc. Only the desire of fans have kept him alive in the EU.
Page: 2 of 2