Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Updating Direct X 9.0b to 9.0c

Page: 1 of 1
 Terko
09-23-2004, 6:42 AM
If i start installation for dx 9.0c from swb CD it always passes and said at the end "all components has been installed"
but there was no install procedure or anything like this and dxdiag.exe still says ive installed 9.0b

if i start swb it try to install 9.0c. After done i start again and it try again to install dx 9.0c ...

any1 know solution for my prob, except reinstall windows ;) ?
 BeerJedi
09-23-2004, 7:48 AM
I am new to these boards, but I know the issue you're encountering. My directx9.0c would not install and i couldn't play.

I ran a quick windows update and discovered there is a security update for 9.0b

Installing this update through windows update then allowed for 9.0c (what comes with the game) to install cleanly and you'll be able to play.
 Terko
09-23-2004, 10:23 AM
can u post a direct link to the microsoft side plz.

i've searched through updates and microsoft search , but onliest "security update" with direct x i fount was the direct x installer itself.

ive installed sp2 btw.
 Strid
09-23-2004, 1:14 PM
up
 Terko
09-24-2004, 4:54 AM
ok ive solved my problem

i had installed a sp2 beta with 9.0b

sp2 retail got 9.0c so i deinstalled sp2 and then i was able to install the dx9.0c standalone patch ,but didnt installed sp2 retail yet, cuz isdn speed suxs ... :eek:
Page: 1 of 1