Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

fps command unlock

Page: 1 of 1
 italegion
09-23-2004, 2:53 AM
llamasmurf
Total Posts: 4

EDITED BY llamasmurf: Sep 22, 2004 07:12 PM

Fps cap can be increased past 30 fps when u add /tps 80(or any number) to the command line in the battlefront server.ini file (for example: APP_COMMAND_LINE_BASIC=/win /norender /autonet dedicated /resolution 320 240 /nosound /tps 80) when making a server(dunno if its only in dedicated servers).

Edit: server needs to be shut down when making this change, also this has been tested and it works.

This message was brought to u by the best clan: NewRepublic

it works?
 Kramerika
09-23-2004, 4:40 AM
I'm wondering why this would affect clients' framerate. This is not the case with any other game that I know of. The server framerate only affects the performance of the server itself. Our Half-life servers run anywhere from 60-100 fps, but my client can get well above that with VSYNC turned off. This "fix" doesn't make sense to me except to improve performance on the server itself. The game FPS for a client should be dependent on their hardware and their game settings, not the server. I can see client bandwidth and latency depending on the server, but framerate just doesn't compute for me.
 italegion
09-23-2004, 4:57 AM
battlefront is different, the server decide for you to limit your framerate to 15,20 or 30 fps and this sux!
 Valkyrie
09-23-2004, 4:39 PM
If I set this on my server will all clients who connect get that fps rate or do they also have to do some editing?
Page: 1 of 1