Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Firewall issues

Page: 1 of 1
 lizandandyn
09-22-2004, 7:30 PM
Hi....

Just installed BF on my laptop and a separate copy on my other machine for a friend to use. I'm behind a router, but both machines are DMX'd for the time being to the router should be ok.

Tried playing the game out of the box, and got a "server is full" message with every server I tried to connect to... (even the ones that were 1/30 players) :(

When I disabled the windows firewall (XP SP2), I could connect to any and every server I tried connecting to. I have the Batttlefront application added to the exception list, but is there anything else I need to do for Battlefront/Gamespy/Windows Firewall to cooperate with each other? Are there certain ports I need to add to the Windows Firewall list? (I'd prefer NOT to keep the Firewall completely disabled, but if that is my only option..... )

Many thanks. I need all of the help I can get....

Andy (kkidpa)
 Alegis
09-22-2004, 10:00 PM
dith the SP 2 firewall and get zonealarm, its a free firewall as well. zonelabs.com. Works much more efficiently and blocks outbound connections as well, because normally SP 2 firewall doesnt block outbound (applications asking for internet)
Page: 1 of 1