Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

List Your Tips & Tricks

Page: 1 of 1
 thejeditraitor
09-22-2004, 7:14 PM
list your tips and tricks here like...

what's the best way to kill destroyer droids? they're hard to beat.
 nycityguy
09-22-2004, 7:17 PM
Honestly. I'm a socom kid and I find it extremly easy to kill people. Also stay away from the droids. The're cool as hell but there guns suck. Blaster is the best gun, good fire rate and easy to control. THE MORTAR GUN SUCKS!
 GlobalStrike
09-22-2004, 7:18 PM
I heard you can jump on top of them, then get behind them and shoot up their backs. But i would'nt know since i don't have it yet. :jawa :jawa
 thejeditraitor
09-22-2004, 7:35 PM
also any tips on vehicle locations or special areas on maps?

like where are the ships on kamino?
 ReturnFire
09-22-2004, 7:48 PM
Originally posted by thejeditraitor
what's the best way to kill destroyer droids? they're hard to beat.

Brute force, smack em with rockets. 1 takes down the shield another scraps him. The other reasonable way to deal with them is a good body shot while they first setup or are on the roll. They have horrible turn rates though so you could flank them like GlobalStrike said :)

That being said there are certain places which you can hold indefinitely with a single destroyer droid
 Sam Fisher
09-22-2004, 7:51 PM
I just use the sniper rifle on em :) Takes 2 hits for a kill.
 Revlt Coranier
09-22-2004, 8:01 PM
Yea, like these guys have said, they turn slowly, so get behind 'em!
 Sam Fisher
09-22-2004, 8:02 PM
Also, wait for the shield to go off, then get a headshot, it does a lot of damage then.
 Revlt Coranier
09-22-2004, 8:04 PM
Another tip is, when you are in an AT-ST by yourself, with nobody else in it, shoot the main guns until they overheat, then switch to other position and fire those guns until they overheat, then swith back and they will be recharged again! So you can just switch back and forth and you never have to wait for guns to recharge, so you can keep up a steady stream of fire.
 thejeditraitor
09-22-2004, 9:06 PM
you're right. i've been doing the switch positions trick in the at-te and others.

shoot, switch, shoot, switch, shoot.
 woodspider
09-22-2004, 10:27 PM
i am on the pc, what button switchs to second gun, also what button lets you roll?

my tip is on piliots, you can throw down ammo and health kits to resupply your nad launcher, makes for a fun time!
 Iceman_IX
09-22-2004, 11:36 PM
Another tip is, when you are in an AT-ST by yourself, with nobody else in it, shoot the main guns until they overheat, then switch to other position and fire those guns until they overheat, then swith back and they will be recharged again! So you can just switch back and forth and you never have to wait for guns to recharge, so you can keep up a steady stream of fire.
This is called a bug :)
 Stingray
09-23-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Iceman_IX
This is called a bug :)

I think it's more like an exploit :) It isn't exactly a mistake in coding or anything. Just something the devs had overlooked and the player make use of it gratefully.
 treemonster
09-23-2004, 2:06 AM
not actually a bug or an exploit. maybe not very honourable or balanced but...
 Evil Dark Jedi
09-23-2004, 2:54 AM
The best way to kill a destroyer droid is to get the Jetrooper's EMP Gun and fire at the shield. It takes 1-2 shots to take the shield and 1 shot to take down the destroyer droid.

Has anyone been in the Gunship Transport position when it blows up?

I have.:D

Ive got to say it is quite funny
 Scavenger
09-23-2004, 3:01 AM
Originally posted by Evil Dark Jedi
Has anyone been in the Gunship Transport position when it blows up?

have you tryed jumping in the cargo section without entering it? just walking freely in the cargo section while it flys?
 Evil Dark Jedi
09-23-2004, 3:13 AM
I have been in the cargo section when it is landed. That is the vunrable spot which I found out when I let loose a rocket at the roof. It just blew up when it hit. The gunship had full health aswell!!

You cant walk freely though you just stand still.

(I also flew away when this happened) ;)
 Sam Fisher
09-23-2004, 5:17 AM
Ok, I haven't found out how to use the Snipers drone, and to call in orbital strikes, the manuel says nothing about it, and the game doesn't either.
 Revlt Coranier
09-23-2004, 5:53 AM
Press G to change your secondary weapon to Recon Droid. Right click to do your secondary attack and you willl then be in control of the recon droid. Fly it to where you want to do the orbital strike. Right click, You will hear beeping. A few seconds later, laser bolts will come out of the sky to the spot your droid was. If you want, you can switch back to your character (by scrolling the mouse wheel) right after you right click so you can actually watch the bombardment. :D
 Sam Fisher
09-23-2004, 6:54 AM
Ah, thanks :)
 Darth Chuckles
09-23-2004, 12:26 PM
stuff I learned while playing (PC version)

learn to use the keyboard to control vehicles and starfighters.

Starfighters especially. Do *not* use the mouse except to pitch up or down or to fine-tune your aim. If you need to turn, use the W and D keys because they provide a much tighter turning arc than the mouse. In addition, there's no point in blazing around the map at full throttle. Starfighters always move forward unless you close throttle (S key) and put it into a hover, so using full throttle (W key) will usually just launch you off the map. Open it up only when you need to make a quick escape.

Personally, I find first-person/in cockpit view the easiest way to pilot vehicles and starships, except the Snowspeeder when you need to keep an eye on your tow cable.

Nearly all of the rocket launchers can 'lock on' to large targets like vehicles and spacecraft. Hold your crosshair over the target until a pair of red lines appear. If you don't, your shots will probably miss.

If you see a hovering "gun" hologram, you can use a pilot's fusion cutter to build a turret there. Fusion cutters can also repair busted droids, turrets, startships, and vehicles.

Tall skinny droids - heals you
Power droids - replenishes your ammo
Red R5 droids - vehicle/starfighter repair

now, can anyone tell me the difference between concussion, EMP, and standard grenades? Especially on characters that have two types? Why do I care? They all seem to do damage and don't have any special status effects.
 PAYBACKill
09-23-2004, 11:38 PM
concussion nades stick onto vehicles, EMP nades hurt electronic **** more ( droid army / droid army shields), and thermal detonators I think work like concussion nades but are for the rebs
 THE BADGER:
09-28-2004, 2:53 PM
concussion nades stick onto vehicles, EMP nades hurt electronic **** more ( droid army / droid army shields), and thermal detonators I think work like concussion nades but are for the rebs

Everything he said, but thermal dets are just nades.
 Sam Fisher
09-28-2004, 2:58 PM
Yea, Concussion Grenades are the Clone 'nade, but they do a lot more damage than normal dets, hence you only get two.
 Estilia Bane
09-29-2004, 10:26 AM
I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for just shooting someone...it seems that whenever I try to kill someone, it takes like 50 shots to do it, but then I get killed in what seems like 1 shot.
 Sam Fisher
09-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Well, the same thing happens to me also, I just try and aim for the head... Does more damage there...
 chrishaolin
09-29-2004, 12:57 PM
lead your target appropriately..

its very important in this game because strafing speeds are incredible...

and don't stand still, otherwise you're toast.
 Iceman_IX
09-29-2004, 11:03 PM
Never stand still. Mine popular travel routes and CP spawn points. Use other faction's vehicles.
 Evil Dark Jedi
09-30-2004, 12:57 AM
Try and get close while strafing. Helps alot.
 chrishaolin
09-30-2004, 6:47 AM
When playing MP, if you'd like to keep the element of "surprise", don't shoot unnecessarily as this will cause you to show up on the enemy's radar (map)..

so don't fire until you're about to light someone up.
 Estilia Bane
09-30-2004, 1:58 PM
All this looks good guys, thanks!
 Cpt. Bannon
10-01-2004, 3:51 PM
hint: AA guns are very handy anti-infantry guns (even at long range)

and the clone jettrooper is very good at taking out groups of droids, but its ammo is very limited so keep your eyes out for ammo powerups dropped by fallen friends/foes (the black boxes w/a red highlight)
 SkankinShine
10-06-2004, 8:12 PM
Tip for Destroyers:

I've found that it is very effective to use destroyers in pairs. One can be open, shielded and firing, and the other rolls up and pushes its partner. Whenever you find cover, the two switch places.

This eliminates both the weakness in limited shields and limited speed.
 vwjoker
10-07-2004, 7:07 AM
If you are sniping.... remember the AI is stupid.
If the AI you are trying to hit is far away and moving, dont worry too much about hitting him coz if you get close he will stop.
Then just headshot away, and watch those kills rack up.

Stormtroopers (and others similar) will roll after the first shot... and then stand still. Generally different troops act slightly differently, but you learn quick enough and can pick them off.

If you are going on as a grunt, the Z key is your friend.
Zoom in, strafe and aim for the head. About 6 shots at most should finish them off.

If the crosshair is blue, then you are probably out of range, as soon as it goes red blast away. Usually they kinda of stop, or roll and stop, after thats its candy from a baby.
 SkankinShine
10-07-2004, 11:13 AM
A lot of people on-line are using auto-aim, which is a really bad idea. You can identify these people easily by watching their laser blasts - When a target stays across their line of sight, their shots will temporarily track the new target.

It is almost impossible to get good head shots when auto-aim is on. Attack these people mercilessly.
 Cpt. Bannon
10-09-2004, 9:44 AM
thats a great idea. one thing to add though....droidekas, turn off your shields unless there's someone shooting at you. this way you have a lot more shielding, because your shields get to recharge
 Kurgan
10-09-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by treemonster
not actually a bug or an exploit. maybe not very honourable or balanced but...

It doesn't seem like an exploit to me. I mean why should one weapons system overheat a totally seperate system?

If you had a second person in it you'd be firing double firepower at the same time anyway (rather than alternating fire, which you could do as well if you wanted to).

In " real life" it would just be like a soldier dodging from one set of controls to another (easy to do in an AT-ST, harder to do in an AT-TE).

As to how to switch, on the PC just roll the mouse wheel up or down to switch positions.

Droidekas are very easy to kill, just nail them while they are rolling or with shields down (vehicle guns or rockets work great) or just nail them with explosives or vehicle guns and one shot will take out their shields, second one blows them to bits. I suppose they would be hard to kill if you were just a lone infantry man with a blaster, but still. The only other place I engage them as in choke points (where multiples can be annoying). Just drop a grenade or two in front of them and run for cover. One for shield, one after the shield is down.
 JediJohn
10-10-2004, 10:03 AM
to take out droidekas i get cover behind something so i can just see a bit of the sheild but it cant see me then when the shield goes down KA-BLOWWIE i blow it up, oh yeah and when a bot takes your starship if you jump and press enter if it has just taken off ypu steal it ( i think this also works in splitscreen with the other player but i may be wrong
 IgnusAn
10-11-2004, 3:42 AM
Originally posted by SkankinShine
A lot of people on-line are using auto-aim, which is a really bad idea.

...and where is the auto-aim option?
I can't find it in any of the option screens...
 Sam Fisher
10-11-2004, 4:49 AM
Gotta be on colsole, because PC doesn't need that.
 beard
10-11-2004, 5:54 AM
Tips & Tricks:

1. Speeder Bikes. Play "single player" or make your own server & practice with them. Probably one of the most underrated vehicles in the game. Ramming/gunning (jousting) with the speeder bike can get high kill numbers and once you get good, you shouldn't die because it will be to hard for anyone to hit you.

2. If you get in any vehicle, do yourself a favor and be a pilot. Also, dont be afraid to repair your ship.

3. That said, one of the most underrated classes is an imperial or rebel pilot.

4. Hoth - Imperial side. Cover the AT-AT with the AT-STs. Get 2 or 3 shock troops there as well, and you greatly improve your odds to win. Fail to do that, galavant off solo like jackasses and watch your team be picked apart by the speeders. This seems intuitive, but no one ever does it.:atat:
 Pho3nix
10-11-2004, 9:54 AM
Jet Trooper's weapon, any anti-vehicle weapon (baZooka) and any vehicle.
 SpacemanChi34
10-11-2004, 6:51 PM
What I've found for defending your AT-ATs is when they spawn, they usually spawn 2 at a time. You need at least 2 of them for this to work. When you get 2 of them, keep them extremely close together, that way, the Rebel Speeders can't take them down with their tow cables. The group I was playing with tonight did it and we dominated because we wiped out all of the ground troups who were defenseless with the ineffectiveness of the speeders.
 Son_of_the_Sith
10-11-2004, 8:46 PM
My newbie strategies...

Tatooine Mos Eisley-When using the republic try flying to the roof of the hangar (To surprise em from above duhh).

Tatooine Dune Sea-Climb or fly (Whatever...:P) to the top of the arc to attack (Again...from above).

Endor-To destroy the bunker (At the Beginning of the game) take a sniper and grab a speeder bike then head to the bunker by the
right side of the map...then Snipe them from behind the bunker...
hidden from behind a tree and release your recon droid then head
into the bunker and release an orbital strike.
Note:to Get another Recon Droid just wait till there is nobody in the bunker and head to their power droid...then...just go up again...:P.

Rhen Var Citadel-Grab a jet trooper and fly (From the watch) to the right outpost and enter by the roof...then head down and conquer the outpost swiftly.

Rhen Var Harbor-If you wanna conquer the fortress (Using Republic) fly to a rear window at the end of the harbor (Instead of entering through the main entrance) and claim it (Again swift and painless...:P).

Bespin Platforms-Grab a vehicle and land at the enemy's outpost roof then go down and claim it (In order to spawn behind them).

Got strats?
 Pho3nix
10-14-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Sam Fisher
Gotta be on colsole, because PC doesn't need that.

I think so too, Haven't found a "auto aim" in PC-version.
 Darth W Bush
10-26-2004, 2:41 PM
when your enemies are standing on a platform above you, jump straight into the air throw them a nade, and land again. (nade works better than shotgun IME). I've seen bots do this in Kashyyyk docks...
 mrflippy
10-28-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by beard
Tips & Tricks:

1. Speeder Bikes. Play "single player" or make your own server & practice with them. Probably one of the most underrated vehicles in the game. Ramming/gunning (jousting) with the speeder bike can get high kill numbers and once you get good, you shouldn't die because it will be to hard for anyone to hit you.

Also keep in mind that a single mine will destroy a speeder bike.
Page: 1 of 1