Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help is on the way

Page: 1 of 1
 [RNGD]Tyrant
09-22-2004, 1:40 PM
It is self evident to all of us admins that the current 'tool' for running a server is completely inadequate.

Altough it may be of small comfort...LEC and Pandemic are aware of the problem and are planning on doing something.

Today I recieved the following message from LEC

I've been told the Devs will be addressing some concerns of the community. I have no timeline for this. Sorry I couldn't be more help to you and the rest of the Admin community.

LEC JAY

and the following from Pandemic

We'll be looking into adding features like this but right now I have no date I can give you. But the need for these features is evident and as I said I'll discuss the issues with the network programmer.

I'll keep you posted when i know more.

Jens

so at least we know that at some point there will be a 'real' manager....we just dont know when

I will keep you posted
 avonnied
09-22-2004, 2:02 PM
hopefully remote admin is on the top of their list.. as for managers i'm sure someone (Blackbag ops comes to mind) could probably code a great manager.. if the remote admin ability is there to begin with..
 [RNGD]Tyrant
09-22-2004, 2:18 PM
Kevin at BBO says he has no time to do this, he isnt even going to do a BF2 manager.

...unless someone pays him

so we need another Kevin
 Nathaniel_EPGS
09-22-2004, 5:39 PM
Do they know the basic things we need?

Multihoming
Service Parameters , etc
 Jetstream
09-23-2004, 12:46 AM
Agreed. A snazzy gui comes later. We need multihoning command line params.

Btw, if full information on the command line parameters is released I might be willing to give this a shot. I've developed similar GUI tools for in-house remote control of a launcher via TCP and UDP. Hopefully though Pandemic will take care of their own mess here though.
 Nathaniel_EPGS
09-23-2004, 8:33 PM
I am still in shock at the release....who in their right mind thought this was adequate?
Page: 1 of 1