Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Direct X 9.0c not installing

Page: 1 of 1
 Matt-Liell
09-21-2004, 4:59 PM
I've installed Battlefront but everytime I start it it asks to update my Direct x, I have 9.0b it needs 9.0c so ok I click to update and goes all through it and then I get this:

http://img85.exs.cx/img85/411/error4.jpg)

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!
 Mongo05
09-21-2004, 5:14 PM
I get a similar error except it will install except it just says completed and really doesnt install which sucks man.
 Alegis
09-22-2004, 4:25 AM
this is the directx install from the cd? Try downloading it from microsoft otherwise.
 Strid
09-23-2004, 12:34 PM
i get the same problem with dx download from microsoft...
 Terko
09-24-2004, 4:30 AM
i've fount out some things that may work for u guys, didnt tested it yet cuz i have a similar but not equal prob

look in control planel - services if "Kryptografiedienste" is activated
dunno name in english , should be something like "Kryptographie services"

install SP2 from microsoft.com
if u've installed sp2 beta like me u only got dx 9.0b , sp2 retail includes 9.0c

i've fount a program to deinstall direct x
check this side if things above doesnt work
http://www.dxbuster.de/index_e.html)
 wwaaves
11-20-2004, 9:58 AM
something that worked for me was going to blackviper.com and installing the default registry xp file.

I had previously installed the gaming registry file to take care of some unneccesary services that windows xp comes with by default. Apparently there are some services that it needs to do the directx 9.0c install. These services weren't needed for the 9.0b install.

Go to blackviper.com and download the default xp registry file.
 up_maroon
11-17-2005, 2:41 AM
Is this thread active. Because i was wondering if anyone could help me out with this particular problem.

I have direct x 9.0b installed on my pc. When I install games that need 9.0c, the program is supposedly installed during setup. However, once i check dxdiag 9.0c is not registering on the diagnostic and the games that need 9.0c won't run at all.

Hoping for some insight on the matter.
 zerted
11-17-2005, 6:31 AM
Normally you have a choice to install the software anyway even if its not 'Microsoft veritfied' (which, as said by an inside source, really means nothing but I can't find the link to the article...). Are you logged in as Administrator? I would not recommend installing SP2 just to get DirectX 9.0c. SP2 contains a lot of system changes. Are you installing it from the Battlefront2 CDs/DVD?
Page: 1 of 1