Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What ports? Can't logon to servers.

Page: 1 of 1
 Iceman_IX
09-21-2004, 4:18 PM
What ports does the PC version use? I am on a school network and I can go to the server browser and see servers but when I go to connect to any server (open slots, good ping, no password) it goes to the "Logging onto Session... Busy 1..." screen. It times out eventually being "Busy" for 59 seconds.

I believe my school network (University of Florida, they are rabid about network traffic) is blocking the port the game actually functions on so I can't logon to servers outside the school network. So what ports does the game work on so I can verify this?

Any other thoughts on my problem? I can logon to Gamespy and everything perfectly fine, my Firewall has all this unblocked.
 Pad
09-21-2004, 4:24 PM
 PANChris
09-21-2004, 4:26 PM
Ive heard conflicting reports on this but try port 3659. Not sure if this works.
 Iceman_IX
09-21-2004, 10:09 PM
Maybe you can find your answer here
That was totally not helpful... but thanks.

Well I was able to join a server or two. Is this a general problem? Most servers are full or only have 1 person. Have had limited time to figure all this out. Hopefully it will fix itself in time.
 ReturnFire
09-22-2004, 1:19 AM
Try 3659. If the server is empty or only has one person it could be that they aren't configured properly to let people into the server. I've found that I can get into a server that is about 3/4 full in 10 ticks on the busy screen.
 Iceman_IX
09-22-2004, 12:17 PM
I have since been able to join servers (takes 8-10 secs). Not sure what the problem was. Atleast this thread will serve as a source for the actual ports.

When I right-click on a server it goes to join, does 2 seconds of busy then goes back to the server list? What is this? Pinging the server?
 KillaBite
09-22-2004, 2:30 PM
Hey I was having the same problem but I believe I found a fix. Check your online options under the options menu. This is what got me, it says "Hosting Bandwidth". Now, one would think this setting for when you're hosting a game, but it seems it's just to set your connection speed. Set it to 1M+ if you're on broadband. Also set your ticks to 30. I believe that's related to how many polls per second it does or something. Hopefully people will try this if they're having trouble.

KB
Page: 1 of 1