Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problems!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 bob819
09-21-2004, 3:42 PM
When I try to go in the game, I click on the desktop but I cant enter in the game. When I make the test, they tell me that I dont have a sound card but I know I have a sound card because I can play to any games( like call of duty). Please help me whit that problem.
 frankint
09-21-2004, 5:15 PM
I have the same problem i just need to copy paste ur text

When I try to go in the game, I click on the desktop but I cant enter in the game. When I make the test, they tell me that I dont have a sound card but I know I have a sound card because I can play to any games( like call of duty). Please help me whit that problem.

do u have a msi mother board 915g
 kinwolf
09-21-2004, 7:08 PM
I have the exact same problem. I can't start the game, battlefront.exe is crashing, and the test thing is saying I have no sound hardware although my sound card runs fine and the DxDiag sound test works fine.

I have an onboard SiS 7012 sound card.

Kinwolf
 jacobgold25
09-22-2004, 11:43 AM
I had the very same problem. I read the .txt log file and it turned out that directX was using my emulated modem as primary sound device. It couldn't locate my sound card. So I disabled this source and DirectX finally located my sound card.
So this seems to be fixed.
I got other problems now ;)
 kinwolf
09-22-2004, 2:21 PM
I found that I had old drivers of a winmodem installed. I uninstalled them and my sound card is detected nicely now.

But, the game still crashes when I try to start it, so I still can't play.

I have reported this problem over 24 hours ago now and still no reply from tech support.
 frankint
09-22-2004, 3:03 PM
[COLOR=teal] Et bien Vous navez qu'a changer votre parametre regional de french (canada) pour english(canada) Pour ce faire aller dans panneaux de confiiguration parametre regional et voila sa marche

for english

try to change ur regional parameter
 frankint
09-22-2004, 3:03 PM
[COLOR=teal] Et bien Vous navez qu'a changer votre parametre regional de french (canada) pour english(canada) Pour ce faire aller dans panneaux de confiiguration parametre regional et voila sa marche

for english

try to change ur regional parameter
 kinwolf
09-22-2004, 4:33 PM
Thanks! That worked! (Changing the setting from french to english)

Wow, that is one screwed up game engine if it crash because of the language setting of windows.

Well, time to try the game, finally :)
 minas67
09-23-2004, 9:41 AM
Thanks a lot le quebequers it is working perfectly now changing my setting from french canada to english canada.
Page: 1 of 1