Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How In The Hell Does This Get Passed Quality Control????

Page: 1 of 1
 Steelhed
09-21-2004, 11:22 AM
"KeyEntry.exe Has Generated Errors and Will Be Closed By Windows" "You will need to restart the Program.." This Is PC Version and I've tried it on tow different computers and the same thing happens.. You cannot even load the game... Pure Incomptenece!!!!!! And No, There is Neither Anti-virus software or any copying material of the Sort.. One PC's Spec

P4 2.4GHz
9800Pro
Win2k
%12 RAM

2nd PC
P1.6GHz
9600Xt
256 RAM
Win2k
 JediCrow
09-21-2004, 11:28 AM
Maybe one of your disks is defective, or they have similar hardware that isn't compatible with the game somehow, cause thats the first time I've heard of anyone having a problem running it.

Edit: Or it could be Win 2k....
 Steelhed
09-21-2004, 11:31 AM
Then It It Shouldn't say win2k On the Box... There is no real excuse for this, I have another copy I bought, But, I'm Afraid to open for fear I might not be able to return it...
 sg_schreck
09-21-2004, 1:28 PM
I had the same problem.

I had to manually install directX 9.0c (even though it should do that itself) once 9.0c was in it installed without any problems.

Somewhere in the help section there was an option to install it.
 Dragon_mk69
09-21-2004, 2:22 PM
I am haveing problems too. What happening with me is after I install the game and try to run it the system tray box that appers when something is runing does apper. Plus one more box also. it has the icon of the game on it to but it says FATAL. then it does nothing and says system not responding. I have the game working on my desk top that is real old. but my laptop thats some what new is the one giving me probs. Also on both pc's it some what messed up in loading where when it asked for the 3rd disk it also said some error and asked for the first disk. I have got the game to load ok since then, but cant get the laptop one to work. I called lucas and they said to download the new drivers for the vidieo card. I did that and still nothing. I have a DELL Inspiron 8200 with 512 and a geforce 4 440 go graphics card. Any help would be great.
 Leem
09-21-2004, 3:05 PM
I have the same problem with KeyEntry.exe crashing on the install game screen, can't get passed it. I have DirectX 9.C installed, i've tried to contact lucasarts both email and phoning there techical help line....the phone number given on the website was out-of-date and didn't work either.

Glad I found this forum and i'm kinder glad its just not me who is having these problems even though we ALL deserve to be able to play this game after waiting so long and spending our hard earn cash.
 Leem
09-21-2004, 3:09 PM
I installed the version on DX on the cd and was suprised to find its actually version 9.0 on mine!! And again, tried to install the game.....keyentry.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
 Leem
09-21-2004, 4:11 PM
I just tried SWB on my wifes computer and it works, but doesn't work at all on mine.

I've decided, i'm taking the game back and getting a refund
 mr.piercy
09-21-2004, 4:47 PM
NO IT'S A PANDEMIC!!!!!!!!!!

yes how in the underworld does it get past quality control?
why dont they just relax and take a while to play it and fix the problems? is that so hard? and why dont they just test it on multiple systems???
 frankint
09-21-2004, 5:09 PM
same problem

i dont know where i can post my .sr0 file

i start the game and 3 sec after it close itself :bdroid2: :hang1:
 lurch68b
09-21-2004, 6:35 PM
Not sure why you all are having this problem. Part of my job it to test systems and I haven't seen this. I installed the game on 16 systems with 95% identical configs, mem, hdd, cpu, and board revision differences. All have 9800 pro's, 512mb ran, 2.8 or 3.06 cpu on an 865 chipset board. 15 systems run fine so far system 16 crashes but after looking at the error I just went and found the movies directory and renamed it, it no longer crashes this system is an odd ball as it also won’t run Domm3.

I will be doing a lot more testing over the next few days. As for why this bug got passed QC I don’t know. A dev can’t test every possible configuration when it comes to pc’s. I for one have rarely ever run into any serious problems when it comes to games on any system I have ever had, perhaps I am just very good at building a high quality system. :p

Perhaps if everyone would post there config we could track down what the issue is.
 Dahc
09-21-2004, 9:52 PM
I'm having the same Keyentry.exe problem! No more than 3 minutes into installation, i get kicked back to Desktop. I've tried installing Windows SP 2, turning off all processes, updating video drivers, and installing DirectX 9.0c...nothing. I'm runing the folling system:

Windows XP Pro
AMD 2400
1Gig of 2700DDR Ram
Radeon 9700 Pro
80Gig HD w/tons of free space
48x CD-RW Diskdrive

Please Help!!!!!
Page: 1 of 1