Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Converting Swkotor Music

Page: 1 of 1
 zLaDD
09-21-2004, 9:53 AM
when I'm playing kotor that I don't have the star wars
feeling..(<-he he) ... You know that feeling you have when you ,hear the John Williams star wars theme music and you feel like doing something herotic..I think that kotor has to much of it's own music .. Im not saying that the music's bad but I'll think you get the picture.. I know a good converting "tool" .. that I think can convert mp3 , or any other music file, to the kotormusic file ..(i belive it's wawe) ... When I find some fitting music I'll let you know.. for example ... Kotor's Cantina 1 ~ Star Wars A New hope Cantina 1 ... <- Just download it its really god!! Ciao!
 *Yoinked*
09-21-2004, 10:12 AM
:thumbsup: Good job. I always thought the music wasn't inspiring enough. But because im such lazy @$$:rolleyes: , I never got around to it. (though i have done my fair share of mods (mainly for JO and JA))
 Prime
09-21-2004, 10:18 AM
There is a mod that replaces the game music with movie music. It was posted on the boards a while ago. You could do a search for it. I think I have it on my harddrive somewhere...
 MarKomus
09-21-2004, 10:23 AM
Lightsabers, Force powers, Jedi robes, and you don't have that "Star Wars" feeling? :)

*starts singing* "You've lost...that Star Wars feeling...woah that...Star Wars feeling..."

Enough, already!

John Williams is truely a master! However, I still found it refreshing to hear different music and variations on the original stuff. Different time period, (dare I say) better plot, and the fact that even John Williams wrote original scores for the newer movies shows that a little variety is better than the same thing all the time.

Still, I think it would have been good, where appropriate, to introduce a little of the old stuff.

Vanilla is good, but it never hurts to try strawberry, rocky road, moose tracks, chocolate, or oreo (tm, c, r...or whatever the heck I'm supposed to put after their name so I don't get sued over this post), or cookie dough.

Ok...I'm going to Baskin Robbins.
 sith_master2000
09-21-2004, 4:04 PM
I was wondering if there's a tool that lets you convert the KotOR sound files into mp3 format, anyone know if there is?
 MTV2
09-21-2004, 6:12 PM
Originally posted by sith_master2000
I was wondering if there's a tool that lets you convert the KotOR sound files into mp3 format, anyone know if there is?
Well if you have Creative( a program) or windows media player, just take sound files and convert. there doesnt need to be a specific program for it, you just need a program that can convert wma to mp3 etc.
Hope that helps
 Doc Valentine
09-21-2004, 6:59 PM
Well in my mod, i changed most of the music, for Manaan, i changed the ambient music to Ahto Gonga from Episode 1 and the Itrepid had Vaders theme and the leviathon had the Emperor's Throne Room Theme. I did it by simply putting the mp3 of the song i wanted in the streammusic folder and renamed it to the song i wanted replaced then deleted the old one. Hope that hleps.

Miles Sound Studio plays the kotor music and streamwaves.:D
Give a look at the stickies, especialy "Guide to the newbie" Darth333 did a splended job on that.
 MarKomus
09-22-2004, 12:57 AM
I tried the Miles Sound Studio. All I get is static. I even tried decompressing. What does one have to do to get MSS to play those files?
 En liten mus
09-22-2004, 3:06 AM
i alredy changed almost all music to be more origionla... :D (e.g Cantina, menue, valley of sith... )
 Doc Valentine
09-22-2004, 6:19 AM
Originally posted by MarKomus
I tried the Miles Sound Studio. All I get is static. I even tried decompressing. What does one have to do to get MSS to play those files?
Now that depends, are you going for stream sounds? or the ambient music? because you cant play those files without the Kotor Tool. the only files you can play with Miles Sound System are StreamWaves and the mus_area_xxxx files and the mus_theme_xxxx files.
 Darth333
09-22-2004, 8:28 AM
Kotor tool will allow you to only extract the sound files from the bifs. You can play the streamsounds with GoldWave (link is in the Guide for the Newbie sticky). However, it opens the files at double speed so you have to go to effect/time warp and slow the speed to 50%.
 zLaDD
09-22-2004, 10:52 PM
tjenare musen.. lŠ“get? ... en_liten_mus and I just having a little chat ..he he..

I downloaded some music files and I noticed that the Dune Sea Has it's own music theme.. That's just perfect for kotor.. When I'm done coverting the files I'll let u know.. Thanks and keep posting
 MarKomus
09-22-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Gsccc
Now that depends, are you going for stream sounds? or the ambient music? because you cant play those files without the Kotor Tool. the only files you can play with Miles Sound System are StreamWaves and the mus_area_xxxx files and the mus_theme_xxxx files.

Aha! Ok...thanks!
 MarKomus
09-23-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
Kotor tool will allow you to only extract the sound files from the bifs. You can play the streamsounds with GoldWave (link is in the Guide for the Newbie sticky). However, it opens the files at double speed so you have to go to effect/time warp and slow the speed to 50%.

I've seen the link for GoldWave, but have put off d/l'ing it for now until I need it. It is a trial version, so if I do anything with music I'll activate it long enough to do so.

Yes, I'm so tight fisted if you put a penny in my hand it will end up copper wire. :D
 zLaDD
10-02-2004, 12:41 AM
I'm almost done... I have just some of the themes in taris to take care of.. anyone who has suggestions?..

thanks
Page: 1 of 1