Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars On Hdtv

Page: 1 of 1
 Jaden25
09-20-2004, 4:10 AM
hey guys I got me a new HDTV flat
screen TV/VCR/DVD combo this weekend
as a Birthday present from my folks and
I played my Star Wars movies everything from I-VI this weekend and
they looked perfect I was shocked at
how good my VHS tapes of Star Wars
and my DVD of Episode II ATOC looked
I felt my eyes buged out on a stem when I saw them it was like seeing them
again for the first time in DTS.Let me
know if yall have this kind of TV set
thanks..............
 Sivy
09-20-2004, 4:30 AM
sounds very cool

a HDTV is certainly on my wish list, unfortunately my wish list is pretty huge.
 El Sitherino
09-20-2004, 4:39 AM
I have a 67" HDTV, and I love it, I can't wait for the OT dvd so I can watch it all day. I also have 7.1 Surround, Certified THX and DTS support. My dad's a real home theatre nut.
 JohnnieG
09-20-2004, 5:45 AM
Wow , those TVs sound sweet. I saw a 66 in sony HDTV in the states last week but it was $19,999. So its on my lottery win wish list. How much can you get a decent one for ?
 Andy867
09-20-2004, 7:33 PM
I saw a Sony 70" XBR® Grand WEGA™ HDTV for $6,999 at Circuit City (Thing was friggin huge)
 Codja X
09-21-2004, 2:57 PM
Originally posted by JohnnieG
Wow , those TVs sound sweet. I saw a 66 in sony HDTV in the states last week but it was $19,999. So its on my lottery win wish list. How much can you get a decent one for ?

Have you thought of looking at projectors instead? You'd have to paint one of your walls white though (preferably the largest one) :)
 JohnnieG
09-22-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Codja X
Have you thought of looking at projectors instead? You'd have to paint one of your walls white though (preferably the largest one) :)

They don't seem to be quite as clear as the LCD/Plasma ones.
 Kurgan
09-22-2004, 1:14 AM
Sounds cool, just be sure you don't get a Plasma tv. Those things will start to dim after a few years and then you'll wish you hadn't plunked down the several grand to buy it! : P

If you want flat panel, go with LCD, it's your best bet for now. Me, I can't afford one, so I'll have to be content with my CRT monitor/tv until the prices go down...
 JohnnieG
09-22-2004, 4:10 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Me, I can't afford one, so I'll have to be content with my CRT monitor/tv until the prices go down...

I can't afford one either, but as soon as I win the lottery, I'll get one.
 Kurgan
09-22-2004, 3:18 PM
And the other thing is, at 2 grand, there are plenty of other things I'd want to spend that money on, even if it was purely for entertainment (a new pc, loads of movies or games, a trip to E3, etc).
 Andy867
09-22-2004, 8:16 PM
Another problem with the Plasmas is "burning in" such as if you have a particular color or area that is constantly affected, like watching a widescreen movie on a fullscreen tv, that black will get affected... Its so bad that some of the newer 2nd generation plasma TVs have anti-burn-in technology to prevent such a thing from occuring. If you watch like TechTv, they showed one time in which their plasma that usually just shows their logo, was turned off, and the image TechTV was burned into the screen to where you could see it clearly as if it were dimmed but not turned off.
 Kurgan
09-23-2004, 2:09 AM
Yeah, right now Plasma seems like a huge waste of money. It looks good brand new, but isn't going to last...

I say if you're going to go flat panel widescreen, go with LCD.
Page: 1 of 1