Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

easy way to switch b/w 1.03 and 1.04???

Page: 1 of 1
 mr2turbo
09-19-2004, 1:54 AM
I have 1.04 patch installed. while looking through the server list i noticed tfj (or something like that) clan server - 1.03. sure enuf i entered and it was a 1.03 server will all the lovely pull/bs glory and all. well since 1.04 has turned into a nf noobfest and/or ultra cocky high regen FFers that posses about 1/3 the skill level of the old school FFers...it was kinda fun going back to 1.03 for a change.

Anyway (sry for the rant =) I asked the guy in there how I was able to see his server and he said it was easy...they just removed the assets5 on thier host server and thats how i was able to play on it. then he told me he had something called "patch commander" that enabled him to easily switch between 1.03 and 1.04.

so i searched on google and found this -- http://www.jediknight.net/commander/) -- but it seemed to be for jedi knight and not jedi outcast...i tried to run it and it said it couldnt find the game blah blah. i also searched these forums and didn't find anything worthwhile....anyone know anything more about this program or issue in general? I would love to be able to switch b/w 1.03 and 1.04 on the fly. thanks in advance.
 TK-8252
09-19-2004, 9:55 AM
Only way to do that is to reinstall, then install the patch you want. You can't go back and forth from patches very easily.
 Samuel Dravis
09-19-2004, 1:24 PM
You could find out what files are changed/added in 1.04 from 1.03 and create a separate folder for each one. Then just make a batch file to copy/delete correct files whenever you want to play the game.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
09-19-2004, 7:55 PM
Just make a Copy of GameData folder with all the files in it. Remove assets5.pk3 from the base folder of Copy of GameData. That will be the directory for 1.03. Make a shortcut to jk2mp.exe in Copy of GameData. That will launch 1.03 multiplayer.

For Jedi Academy I have 3 copies of GameData: one for 1.00, one for 1.01 single-player (with no custom maps and stuff that makes single-player not work), and one for 1.01 multiplayer.
 mr2turbo
09-21-2004, 8:36 AM
Ok well i tried that -- sort of. I just removed assets5.pk3 from my base folder, restarted the jk2mp.exe and when I create a server its definitely 1.03. however, when I go to the server list it still shows 1.04 servers and from what I could tell..hardly any 1.03 servers. and half the time i would join a server it would boot me out and give me a bunch of pixel shader errors and stuff. so i don't think removing assets5 is all it takes to convert it back to 1.03? ah, i'm so confused now. any other ideas/help would be appreciated.
 Kurgan
09-22-2004, 4:23 AM
Try searching for "patch rollback."

But, ultimately, the developers of the game want you to use the latest version.
 acdcfanbill
09-22-2004, 8:04 PM
i have no idea where they are, but i do know they exist, i have one for JA, its quite handy to view a demo u recorded in a different version, since demos wont work between versions.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
09-22-2004, 11:00 PM
It depends on how old your JK2 disks are. The oldest ones have 1.02, and I think the newest ones have 1.04. If you have 1.02 disks, uninstall all versions of JK2 and restart your computer. Then install JK2 and you will have 1.02. Make two copies of your GameData folders.

Patch one of the GameData folders with the 1.03 patch http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Jedi_Knight_2_Patch_103;2601)
and rename it GameData_1.03

and patch one of the other GameData folders with the 1.04 patch
http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Jedi_Knight_2_Patch_104;3825)
and rename it GameData_1.04

Then you should have three GameData directories: one with 1.02, one with 1.03, and one with 1.04. Make shortcuts to the jk2mp.exe files in each GameData folder to launch a particular version.
 mr2turbo
09-24-2004, 4:49 PM
i finally found it at jediknightii.net. It's called AOJ Patch Commander. It does exactly what I was talking about. Has 3 seperate .bat files that copy/remove the specific files from your gamedata folder to correspond to whatever version you want. it doesn't seem to work too good though lol. I was able to get into 1.02 servers fine but none of my .cfg files work because lowercase binds don't work in 1.02 -- no big deal, just have to edit all my .cfgs and add capital letters. 1.03 i was only able to get into a couple of servers. i kept getting 2 different errors when trying to access servers - CL_ParsePacketEntities; end of message and Found Client version 6, Expected 7, or something similar to those. Anyone know why this could be? 1.04 worked fine but for some reason the icons got distorted (i.e. the saber/no force icons on the server list, and the chat icon above a players head while chatting). They look like greyed out squares now for some reason. I'm gonna play with it and see if i can get it working just right. I might end up unintsalling and diong what you said amidala, but that creates an extra 1 Gig of memory just for jk2 :( . thanks for all your help guys.
Page: 1 of 1