Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

crusher

Page: 1 of 1
 kolusiem
09-17-2004, 10:45 AM
Allright i'm trying to make a death trap, like a crusher. I want to make a small room, with a button on the outside which activates the crusher, so when somone walks into that room a person from the outside and kill them. I've looked on alot of tutorials on func_bobbing, as i'm sure it has somthing to do with it, but none of them cover using a button.

Aswell, I would like to know how to connect a different func_bobbing with a trigger brush, so when somone stands in a certian spot (where the triger is over course) they get crushed.

Any help would be great.
 wedge2211
09-18-2004, 9:44 AM
Use a func_door, with the CRUSHER spawnflag and a dmg key, instead of a func_bobbing.
 kolusiem
09-18-2004, 10:38 PM
thanks, i will try it :D
 kolusiem
09-19-2004, 9:34 AM
I got a crusher working with a button, but when the person being crushed is killed, it doesn't reward the button presser with a kill (eg. Reelo died) how do i change this so it gives the button presser the reward?
 wedge2211
09-19-2004, 12:38 PM
That, I think, cannot be done. If you get killed by some map element, nobody gets the credit. Of course, it still counds against the dead person...
 _PerfectAgent_
09-19-2004, 1:45 PM
If I remember correctly, I think activating the killing trap gave you credit in Dad*Mad's Canyon Oasis recreation.
 EvilJedi
09-19-2004, 9:23 PM
And the "poison" in Kahn's Sith Council map.
 kolusiem
09-21-2004, 9:30 AM
there is crushers in some JK2 mp base maps, that award kills to button pressers, maybe i could decomplile on of them to see how it's done. not sure of the cmd but if somone could pm it me to decompile ? :p

thanks for the help so far
 wedge2211
09-21-2004, 11:29 AM
Hmm...You may be able to do something with a target_give. I dunno, I never tried that before. You might consider asking the Raven devs (http://levelforge.teamhuh.com/forgelink/viewforum.php?f=5).
Page: 1 of 1