Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cheats won't work?

Page: 1 of 1
 Axell
09-14-2004, 7:47 PM
Hey people, I got a problem here.
I went on and edited the swkotor.ini with the EnableCheats=1 under the [Game Options] part.
But when I press the ' key (left side of 1 and above Tab) nothing happens!
What am I doing wrong? Help! :(
By the way, game version is 1.03 if that helps on something.
 Mono_Giganto
09-15-2004, 9:04 AM
Originally posted by Axell
Hey people, I got a problem here.
I went on and edited the swkotor.ini with the EnableCheats=1 under the [Game Options] part.
But when I press the ' key (left side of 1 and above Tab) nothing happens!
What am I doing wrong? Help! :(
By the way, game version is 1.03 if that helps on something.

You don't get anything flashy when you press it, just a small white > in the top left corner, no Las Vegas lights or anything, you might have just missed it.
 Achilles
09-15-2004, 5:02 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
You don't get anything flashy when you press it, just a small white > in the top left corner, no Las Vegas lights or anything, you might have just missed it. If you open the console in a bright area, you might not be able to see it even if you're looking for it.
 DarthBuzzard
09-15-2004, 9:24 PM
its at the very top of the upper left, VERY hard to see if you don't know it's there. Also, it camoflauge's with bright areas, so do it in dark area's till you can see it (Ebon Hawk - engine room is a good place i think).
 Axell
09-15-2004, 10:03 PM
Did all that, but to no avail. :(
Here's a cut-paste of my Gam Options part of the swkotor.ini, I'm pretty sure it's all right with it, but...

[Game Options]
GUIsInScreenShot=1
EnableScreenShot=0
Reverse Mouse Buttons=0
Hide InGame GUI=0
Use Small Fonts=0
Keyboard Camera Deceleration=2000.000000
Keyboard Camera Acceleration=500.000000
Keyboard Camera DPS=200.000000
Hide Unequippable=1
Tutorial Popups=1
Subtitles=1
Mini Map=1
Floating Numbers=1
Status Summary=1
Enable Mouse Teleporting To Buttons=1
Mouse Sensitivity=33
Auto Level Up NPCs=0
Mouse Look=0
AutoSave=1
Reverse Minigame YAxis=0
Combat Movement=1
Enable Tooltips=1
Difficulty Level=1
TooltipDelay Sec=1.000000
Memory Access=1
Memory Level=1
Disable Movies=0
EnableCheats=1

I was thinking about a keyboard layout problem (mine's ABNT2), but I don't think that might be the case since all keys are mapped the same for the layouts.
 Darth333
09-16-2004, 5:54 AM
The key combination to bring down the console can vary according to the language settings of your keyboard. You can have a look at this thread to find some of them: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119128)

Normally it is the key combination that will allow you to type the tilde ~

With a Bilingual Keyboard (French Canadian) settings I have to type Alt GR + ][ :rolleyes: to get the ~
 Axell
09-16-2004, 8:28 AM
Lol, and I thought the language settings of the keyboard would have nothing to do! :rolleyes:
Thanks for the tip guys, I'll check the Topic!
Page: 1 of 1