Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Force Powers

Page: 1 of 1
 FiEND_138
09-14-2004, 12:57 AM
Short video (http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/679/679264/vids_1.html?fromint=1) showing off some of the new powers.....
 RedHawke
09-14-2004, 3:16 AM
Thanks for the linkage FiEND! :D
 Venom750
09-14-2004, 1:21 PM
Good video but it was nothing special:) :)
 Achilles
09-14-2004, 4:32 PM
Thanks for the link.

OT: Is it just me or do did the excitement level drop through the basement floor when you found out that we have to wait until February?

bleh...
 FiEND_138
09-14-2004, 4:52 PM
^^
Thought I was the only one who's excitement factor dropped even furthur than below basement levels. Not saying I'm not interested just not as excited, & TSL dropped out of my #1 slot for expected games replaced by CoD: United Offensive (gonna grab that up tomorrow), all because of LA & their unexplained reasons of no together release ...... (still say it was Gate$' & LA'$ idea to sell XBoxe$ this X-Mas)...

O well enough with my ranting about the subject, No I'm not nearly as excited as I was before last Friday................... :(
 RedHawke
09-14-2004, 11:21 PM
^^^^
No you guys are right the excitement level for TSL has fallen. What was LA thinking? :eyeraise:
 FiEND_138
09-14-2004, 11:23 PM
^^

:darthx$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:darthx :mad:
 Prime
09-15-2004, 6:44 AM
The same thing happened the last time. Luckily this time it is only two months. The excitement will go right back up closer to the release.
 Aleggy
09-15-2004, 3:49 PM
ok heres my theory as to y the pc version has been put back to feb05

with the xbox version there is going to be downloadable content from the moment u can buy it on xbox live

now im guessing that with the pc version the downloadable content for the xbox will be included in the pc's full game
so in order to put it all in the software they are puting back the release date where as xbox owners if they have xbox live can download the extra stuff if they dont.....

so for xbox owners without xbox live the excitement will go down because they most probably will feel a little cheated

so for pc owners having to wait 2 more months this is a good thing

i own a pc and an xbox and im still not sure wich format to get but as i got 2 months free with xbox live i might just get both formats and activate my xbox live account when i get kotor 2 just for the downloadable content for it
 Aleggy
09-15-2004, 3:54 PM
i might add that many ppl on this forum have stated many times that they would prefer to wait untill feb 05 so that the game developers dont rush the game out

however i cant help but think that with all that i've said that to pospone the release date for after christmas (when kotor2 was on mine and i'll guess many of urs christmas list) to be just a little stupid on the marketing campaign
 lukeiamyourdad
09-15-2004, 6:57 PM
It's not stupid. Last time the game came late for PC and it still had numerous issues and bugs(mostly because of Radeons. Damn you ATI!).

This time they're still making cash and not releasing a game full of bug that the community might just get tired off.

Note that if it turns out the PC version is so buggy it feels almost sloppy, the X-Box version will then really be the best version. I don't want that.
 Achilles
09-16-2004, 1:28 AM
Originally posted by Prime
The same thing happened the last time. Luckily this time it is only two months. The excitement will go right back up closer to the release. I'm sure that it will. Not looking forward to dodging spoilers for 2 months. Maybe I'll finally get tired of playing KotOR by then and actually finish another game.
 FiEND_138
09-16-2004, 1:52 AM
Originally posted by Achilles
dodging spoilers for 2 months.

Definatly not excited about that.

Originally posted by Prime The excitement will go right back up closer to the release.

Probably right..... atleast I hope so, this boards gotten kind of quiet as of late :)
 RedHawke
09-16-2004, 3:38 PM
Originally posted by FiEND_138
Probably right..... atleast I hope so, this boards gotten kind of quiet as of late :)

Yeah it has, probably due to TSL delayed release for PC.

And I am not looking forward to dodging spoilers for 2 months as well. :(
 NoraleeHall
09-17-2004, 9:23 AM
I was thinking about buying an XBOX so I could play Fable and now with the pushback of release date for the PC I'm even more tempted. Could anyone who has played KotOR on both XBOX and PC tell me about the differences between playing on both of them. Also, what is the graphical quality compared to playing on a PC? So far I only have a MAC desktop and a Windows Laptop to play videogames on. My laptop is the Toshiba P20-GPV with a 17" widescreen video display (1440 X 900), 64MB GeForce FX Go 5200 video card, 3.2 GHz Pentium 4 HT processor, 80 GB HD and 512MB DDR RAM installed.
 lukeiamyourdad
09-17-2004, 11:12 AM
Better textures and better resolution for PC. That is if you have the hardware for it.
 Darth333
09-17-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by NoraleeHall
I was thinking about buying an XBOX so I could play Fable and now with the pushback of release date for the PC I'm even more tempted. Could anyone who has played KotOR on both XBOX and PC tell me about the differences between playing on both of them. Also, what is the graphical quality compared to playing on a PC? So far I only have a MAC desktop and a Windows Laptop to play videogames on.

Xbox: cheaper to buy an xbox than a PC if your PC does not meet the min. requirements, big screen, playing while sitting on the couch.

PC: much better graphics, more possibilities than the xbox, better replayability with mods and cheats.

My xbox version is somewhere in a closet under a ton of boxes since many months now while my cd for the pc version is still either into my cd-rom or right on my desk :p
 Aleggy
09-24-2004, 5:57 AM
ok there a + and - for both pc and xbox versions

xbox

on the + side if u like using a control pad with ur console its great coz u dont have to point and click so much

on the - side there is in kotor a planet that you'l only get via xbox live as downloadable content and with kotor 2 there is going to be downloadable content via xbox live as soon as the game is released

even with an internet conection u have to pay for xbox live

PC

ok - first, you have to point and click a lot
you may have to download patches for bugs in the game

on the + side you may have to point and click a lot but this doen't effect the gameplay and some ppl prefer that to a control pad
you dont need to download extra content as you already have it
you can mod it or download mods for it giving the game a replayability that u cant get for the xbox

for me personally the fact that if you want the full game on xbox you need xbox live is the biggest - but i do prefer playing with a control pad so itsa kinda double edged sword

but i got both versions :D

but to be honest Halo and kotor are the main reasons i bought my xbox roll on for the sequals :D :D
 RedHawke
09-24-2004, 6:40 AM
^^^^
:disaprove *Curses the Xbox once again!:fist:

*Raises Glass For A Toast*

Here's to dodging spoilers from the Xbox players for 2 months! :(
 stingerhs
09-24-2004, 6:49 AM
^^^^
*joins in the cursin* :fist:

hmm, maybe i'll just get a new game in the meantime,

start studying for school (ya, right),

avoid all star wars related web sites to dodge spoilers,

work on 1 final, massive mod for kotor,

or go door to door and put a 12-gauge round in every x-box...:evil3:
 lukeiamyourdad
09-24-2004, 9:36 PM
Originally posted by stingerhs

or go door to door and put a 12-gauge round in every x-box...:evil3:

Can I join? :blast9:
 RedHawke
09-24-2004, 9:44 PM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Me too! :fire3:
 FiEND_138
09-25-2004, 12:19 AM
Sounds like fun.....

:blast10:
 jedi3112
09-25-2004, 6:12 AM
You don't really need xbox live to download, all you need to do is connect your xbox with your PC as in a LAN, then you should be able to use your PC Internet connection with your xbox. Though you do need a LAN program, but I think it's cheaper on the long term. And a real plus is that micro$oft doesn't get the money from xbox live, that'll teach them to buy the early xbox release.
 Aleggy
09-25-2004, 2:53 PM
^^^^^^

umm but dont you need to chip ur xbox or something to be able to do that
 Aleggy
09-25-2004, 3:00 PM
Originally posted by Achilles
Not looking forward to dodging spoilers for 2 months. Maybe I'll finally get tired of playing KotOR by then and actually finish another game.

i agree the only spoiler i actually wanted was how soon will iget my lightsaber and since i've had that one answered i dont actually want any more spoilers

so if any of you have any dont tell me if you try im ganna stick my fingers in my ears and hum real loud

of course u can type them but then i should see the spoiler tag so i just won't read them
 stingerhs
09-26-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Originally posted by RedHawke
Me too! :fire3:

he he,

X :gun7:

sounds like fun... :vamp1:
 DarthBuzzard
09-26-2004, 3:50 PM
Count me in! :D

Angry Holowan labbers -----> :mob: <--- X box
 90SK
09-26-2004, 4:11 PM
No offence to the JA modding community, but I think they will be the ones toating the most spoilers :rolleyes: (I say this because my KotOR/ plot twist expirience was ruined be them, and I have seen other people's expirience ruined as well)
 Mike Frank
09-26-2004, 7:55 PM
About the xbox conspiracy theories...

I don't really have much to complain about, considering I won an xbox and all. But KOTOR was first released for xbox and then came out for PC. Obsidian must have gotten the xbox version to tinker around with first. And stuff...
 RedHawke
09-26-2004, 10:13 PM
^^^^
*Once Again... Curses The Xbox!* :fist:
 jedi3112
09-27-2004, 2:59 AM
Originally posted by Aleggy
^^^^^^

umm but dont you need to chip ur xbox or something to be able to do that

I'm not sure, but that friend of mine who has his internet through his PC does have his xbox chipped, and he also has something called a router, so you might need that too.
Page: 1 of 1