Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bombing Missions?

Page: 1 of 1
 srbuzz
01-21-2000, 10:36 PM
I dont know if I'm saying something new,
despite an apparent lack of interest, from
the few registered users.., but.., does any
other fellow rouge share my sentiment, that
the bombing missions are a waste of time..?
I mean, LucasArt should allow "any" craft
to fly any mission, despite the mission
profile. Flying those crummy Y-wings has
prevented me from obtaining my last two
gold medals on Kile and Sulust. Where's my
"cover" when I'm flying that heavy pile of
junk..? The Ties and missle turrets are just
having a grand old time blowing me out of
the sky, time and time again... argghhh..!!
Also on the mission raid at the Imperial Construction Yards why is our only choice a Snow Speeder..? Taking out the AT-AT's is not really required. Speaking as a Line Admiral.., my favorite craft is the V-wing. Also the Tie Interceptor has some great flying characteristics, almost good enough to have an entire game theme based on the Tie. Though I have my few gripes about the game, it is in my opinion, the best video game I've ever played... >buzz
 Lujayne
01-22-2000, 2:34 AM
I agree Rogue Squadron is a great game!
Personally, I really like flying the Y-wing. Yeah, it's a bit slower and less agile, but it's an added challenge to keep us on our toes.
Oh...and there is an entire game based on the TIE... it's called TIE Fighter. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif) Worth checking out, I think.
--L.
 Imladil
01-22-2000, 5:31 AM
I never really liked the Y-wing until I learned how to use the ion cannon to supplement the candy-*** lasers. Even still, it's way too slow.

------------------
"The entire universe is simply the fractal chaos boundary between intersecting domains of high and low energy."

--Imladil the Fragmentary

"Is this my hand?"

--Little Jimmy
 Rusty
03-07-2000, 1:49 AM
Use the Naboo Starfighter! It's blaster is powerful enough to take out everything the Y-wing's bombs are, and it's fast enough to win the metals easily.
 star turtle
03-07-2000, 8:21 PM
Hey Rusty, does have you gotten gold on Sullust? If you have, did you do it with the Naboo Fighter? I'm a Line Admiral myself, but I can't seem to lick that blasted volcano stage.
 Shootist
03-07-2000, 10:05 PM
Some quick hints for Sullust. One, always, always fly with your "high speed" button jammed down. Two, never, never fly in a straight line or altitude, juke around a little. Three, make the area close to the big gizmo the last place you blast, you'll save time by being closer. Four, don't worry about trying to burn down Ties when you're trying to snuff the mother of frustration...just frag it for all you're worth shooting out the window lookin' do-bobs. You should get closer and closer to Gold. Eventually you'll refine your technique till you see that bad boy gold flap up there at the end.
Worked for me, it took practice but I made Supreme Allied Smack Down Daddy many, many moons ago.

------------------
ACK...Phht!!
Bill the Cat
 Rusty
03-07-2000, 10:10 PM
Nope, no gold yet. But I did get the silver in just a few tries with the NS, after several frustrating hours with the Y-wing.
 Lujayne
03-08-2000, 1:56 PM
Supreme Allied Smack Down Daddy? Hmm...this must be new...
 Shootist
03-08-2000, 10:24 PM
L., yes it is (LOL). Supreme Allied Smack Down Daddy comes right after ya git yerself premoted from Lyin' Admiral. More ridiculous ranks to come...perhaps a new thread?

------------------
ACK...Phht!!
Bill the Cat
Page: 1 of 1