Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Tow Cable

Page: 1 of 1
 Dad
02-15-2000, 2:05 AM
Defection at Corellia: Immediately after I engage tow cable, the camera pans away from the speeder and I have no way of controlling the speeder. Has anyone experienced this? If so, what is the solution to controlling the craft?
 Lujayne
02-15-2000, 3:31 AM
Well, the camera view does change when you are taking down the walkers; it will always pan to a top/outside view, and there is nothing you can do about that.
But you should still be able to control your speeder! Perhaps you are just not used to doing it from that outside angle? I find it easiest to come at it on the the right hand side, and as soon as I launch the tow cable I turn left hard, and keep going hard left the whole way through. I also use the right brake the entire time.
After a while, you'll be able to do it in your sleep!
I hope this helps...and I hope it makes sense. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif)
--L.
 Shootist
02-16-2000, 2:28 AM
Hey! What's the big deal about a toe cable? I wanna know how to work the knee stretcher? whatever that is
Just noticed...they don't have a smiley icon here to express DUH!

------------------
ACK...Phht!!
Bill the Cat
 star turtle
02-17-2000, 6:20 PM
When you come at him from the right, it's fairly simple. Just release the cable, hold the inside brake and press the stick to turn. It's just getting the hang of which way to press the stick and how hard. Keep practicing. Even the experts make mistakes sometimes.

------------------
 Qui-Wan Kenn
02-20-2000, 9:58 PM
yea, I am very good at Rogue Squadron but even I have some difficult on turning the speeder wend useing the toe cable but the thing that help me is useing my breaks on the turns.

------------------
Another post by:
Qui-Wan Kenn
(EVLKNT@aol.com)
 Livingghost
02-25-2000, 1:55 PM
you know you can change the camera after you release the tow cable. Just hit the switch camera button.

------------------
"It's blowing up from the inside..."
 Qui-Wan Kenn
02-27-2000, 6:09 AM
yes u can change the camera angle but i like the angle it gives u

------------------
Another post by:
Qui-Wan Kenn
(EVLKNT@aol.com)
 flamin_tie
03-01-2000, 1:34 AM
The Flamin_Tie sees why people would have a problem with the tow cable!!!! It is the switc to 3rd person that messes you up, "Dad"...If you watch your shadow a little and turn tight against the front and back, sppeding up on the sides, you'll do fine...Got that??

Burn Baby Burn...DISCO INFERNO!

(to the theme of let's go blue)
duh-duh-duh-duhduh
duh-duh-duh-duhduh
duh-duh-duh-duhduh
DUH-DUH-DUH
DISCO ROCKS!!
Page: 1 of 1