Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ideas for levelling up Carth ?

Page: 1 of 1
 Rohop
09-08-2004, 10:06 PM
Obviously Carth should remain using blaster in which case u need to up his DEX. Ive given him implant feat 3 so he can use implants to do this BUT my question is how have other ppl levelled him up and what items have they given him? Just looking for new ways to experience the game . . . Ive tried giving him toughness level 3 and upping his CON any other ideas . .
 Grishnakh
09-14-2004, 11:17 AM
Blaster pistols is the way to go with Carth, since he already has the feats weapon focus and weapon specialization for blaster pistols when you get him on your team. If I remeber correctly he starts out with a dexterity of 16 (which gives him a +3 modifier to defence and to accuracy with blasters). I always upgrade his dexterity to 20, then he has a dexterity modifier/bonus of +5. There are no types of armor that allows a higher dex bonus than this, so unless you don't equip him with armor, it's pointless to have a higher dexterity than 20.

I equip him with Darth Bandons fiber armor (defence bonus 7, max dexterity bonus 5, immunity: mind affecting) which is the best light armor in the game (unless it's some better light armor included in the download content?) And I use the sith assasin pistol in the right hand, there are two different types of it, I'm talking about the one that does up to 19 in damage total, not just against droids. In the left hand I use a mandalorian heavy pistol (up to 15 in damage) if I don't buy Cassus Fetts heavy pistol, which when upgraded does up to 19.

I use to pick the feats master rapid shot, master sniper shot, master two weapon fighting, master toughness and master conditioning, I usually also get implant level one and use one attribute point to upgrade his constitution, and use the implant cardio package (constitution +1) to give him 14 total (modifier +2) in constitution.

Anyway, that's how I upgrade Carth, hope you find it useful.
 Achilles
09-15-2004, 5:38 PM
If you have the Live Update content you can pick up the Light Exoskeleton from the Yavin IV station (more info here (http://gamebanshee.com/starwarskotor/equipment/lightarmor.php)). Slightly better than Darth Bandon's armor.

Hook him up with an upgraded Cassus Fett Heavy Pistol (6-19 dmg, +5 attack bonus, and a decent On Hit: Stun) and Saul's Sith Assassin Pistol (7-19 dmg, +5 attack bonus, and a very liberal On Hit: Stun).

Advanced Stabilizer Gloves will give him another +3 to DEX. Baragwin Stealth Unit will provide another +3 and I believe that the Advanced Aural Amplifier will give you another 2. Finally, if you max out his Implant feats, you can also give him the Advanced Alacrity Implant which provides a whopping +5 to DEX. With a base DEX of 21 (16 starting plus 5 attribute points at level ups) you can get him up to 33 DEX with all of these toys. By the time you get to level 20, the Max Dexterity Bonus of 5 on the armor doesn't even affect your attack bonus anymore :)
 Grishnakh
09-20-2004, 12:45 PM
Achilles, from what you're writing it seems like you don't understand what the max dexterity bonus on the armor is about. The dexterity bonus refers to the modifier (the number behind the attribute score). If you have a dexterity of 20 the modifier/bonus is +5. That's the number that gets added to your defence and increase your precision with blasters. The max dex bonus on the light exoskeleton is 5, that doesn't mean you can't equip the armor if your dexterity bonus is higher than 5, but it means there's no point in upgrading your dexterity beyond 20 if you intend to use it. If you don't believe me, read about it in the manual under 'armor', or check out your dexterity bonus/modifier on the attribute screen in the in-game menu.

And by the way, I didn't understand this myself before I had completed the game 5 times.;)

After posting this I found out that the max dexterity bonus on the armor doesn't restrict your attack bonus and your reflex save however, so it's not totally pointless to have a dexterity higher than 20 if the max dex bonus is 5. Sorry about that.
Page: 1 of 1