Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Getting JKII to run under XP

Page: 1 of 1
 liamjf
09-08-2004, 8:26 AM
Help! I've bben playing JK for some time on my dual boot win98SE/XP system under win 98 with no problem. I have a TNT2 Ultra graphics card. Win 98 has now fallen over so I installed it on XP instead. Of course, it came up with the openGL error and so I downloaded and installed the latest detonator drivers from Nvidia. Now JK will run OK but the textures are all over the place and are replaced by strange polygons. Is there a specific driver version I need or is there something else wrong? Thanks!

Liam.
 te27ch
09-08-2004, 5:45 PM
One of my friends had this problem a while ago, he was using some TNT-based video card too.

He fixed the problem by turning GL Extensions OFF in the "video" menu.

I think you're talking about the problem where your regular textures are moslt yreplaced by flickering black texture thingies... it's a hard thing to describe, I know.

Also, this might not help, but it will in the long run, make sure you have the latest version of DirectX, which should be 9.0c.

Glad to help, and I wish I could get paid doing it. :(
Page: 1 of 1