Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I've got a GF site too!

Page: 1 of 1
 VampireNaomi
09-07-2004, 9:24 AM
For a while now I've wanted to have my own GF site to show how much I like the game. However, since we already have such great pages as this and DOD, I figured that it would be no use of competiting with them by creating a general site. I decided to specialize. ;)

So, I present you Sweet As Mango (http://www.sweetasmango.cjb.net), a site that is dedicated to what I probably love the most in GF.
 Sallim
09-07-2004, 9:34 AM
Wow hey really cool! " Always under constuction " hmm?;) Its a nice site, Iv gote big hopes for the futur. And personally I think you should a least try to draw some pictires of Olivia or show us the results till now =)

Will be there some images in the background?

For now nice site, espacially good topic chosen though.

bye

Edit
I dont know why, but for now is broken? MAybe thats my opera...who knows.
 Thrik
09-07-2004, 1:47 PM
Nice. :)

I'll add it to the GFN's links (along with anyone else who's awaiting their addition) with the next update if you like.
 VampireNaomi
09-08-2004, 2:58 AM
Thanks! There won't probably be any pictures in the background because the only picture editing thing I have is Paint, and it has its limits.

I'm actually interested in trying some art, but I need to get at least average results before I dare to share them.

And yes Thrik, I would love to have my site linked. :)

Broken? It works perfectly right now... Problems could be because of Geocities.
 Sallim
09-08-2004, 5:38 AM
It worked after for me after a while too, so I guess you are right.

Try out Paint shop pro or Photoshop. Wasnt Paint shop pro once freeware? Adobe had once a demo for Photoshop 7.
 VampireNaomi
09-08-2004, 7:04 AM
I have been looking for those programmes for a while, but never found anything. I have Pixia though, but I don't know how to use it.

We had Microsoft Picture It 2002 in my family's old computer (some guy installed it for free) and I loved it, but I haven't found it online or in any store. :mad:
 James Isaac
09-08-2004, 7:59 AM
Very nice site, I like it :). There's a lot of good content on there. But it's kind of annoying that i get a couple of runtime errors every time i go to a new page - maybe it's geocities or maybe it's just me. And also, the scrollbar is a bit wierd as it is all black expect for a couple of grey lines, so it is a bit hard to see. But apart from that the site is great.

And, if you need different hosting, I could host it on dotagame.com for you, because it's Grim Fandango related, and there would be no pop ups or any ads, and the usual stuff that a host gives. Then you get a subdomain off of dotagame.com. But that's just if you really need to.

I'll add it to the links page on the D.O.D. :)

Edit - There you go, you got a news post about your site: http://dod.dotagame.com) ;)
 VampireNaomi
09-08-2004, 8:22 AM
Runtime errors? That's strange, but happens sometimes with Geocities. I meant the scrollbar to be like that because I personally like it if it can not be seen. *shrug* Maybe I'm weird. I can make it more easily seen if more people want it though.

I'm honoured by your offer, but I think I'll stay with Geocities -- no matter how much problems it causes. It's just that in the years I've become so familiar with them that I don't think I can get used to another "server thing".

I also hate it when people do me favours and I can't repay them. :D

Edit: thanks for linking to me. I feel so special!
 James Isaac
09-08-2004, 8:26 AM
Oh, ok, if you want the scrollbar to be like that then that's ok. I just thought you'd done it by accident.

Does anyone know how I can stop the runtime errors?

And, that's ok about the hosting :).

(I just noticed how far behind I am with the fan fiction on the DOD - i'm missing 3 new chapters to a story and a whole new one :eek:. Better start adding them ;) )

Edit - Cool, now at 600 posts I'm a "Commander"
 VampireNaomi
09-08-2004, 8:43 AM
What do you exactly mean by runtime errors? I have tried many times, but the site works like a dream.

Sometimes Geocities refuses to show a site when tons of people have visited it at once, but my site is so new and about a perhaps unpopular subject, that I doubt that's the reason

I would like to know the cause of the errors too. :mad:

Oh, and I was going to have a heart attack a moment ago. Someone commented in my Livejournal that they had played GF (no one reads my journal so it was a shock to get a comment) and THEN it turned out that the person was from Finland. Wow, the odds of that are so small that I felt like sharing my happy experience. ;)

And congrats Commander! I'll continue being a Reaper for a while.

Edit: Isn't flame mage's story just fantastic? I love every part of it! :3heart:
 James Isaac
09-08-2004, 8:48 AM
For every page I go to i get a few errors which say soemthing like this:

Error

A Runtime Error has occured. Do you wish to Debug?

Line: 24
Error: Object expected

Yes No

I sometimes get it on other sites too, and it can be annoying. Anyone know what causes this?

Oh, and I was going to have a heart attack a moment ago. Someone commented in my Livejournal that they had played GF (no one reads my journal so it was a shock to get a comment) and THEN it turned out that the person was from Finland. Wow, the odds of that are so small that I felt like sharing my happy experience.

What a coincidence .:)
 VampireNaomi
09-08-2004, 9:00 AM
Ah, that error. I used to get it all the time too, but then it mysteriously stopped.
Page: 1 of 1