Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

"I don't, but..."

Page: 1 of 1
 VampireNaomi
09-06-2004, 6:09 AM
"I don't, but I know a good tort when I see one."

Just what the heck does this line mean? Thanks to my English to Finnish dictionary I know what the words are, but I have no idea what they mean together.

What does Nick mean by this? What does it have to do with him not having feelings? Is this slang? Figure of speech? Please, tell me!
 Kloreep
09-06-2004, 10:03 PM
I think it's simply meant to be a pun. Having an affair with Olivia beyond Maximino's back would probably classify as a "tort", and as a lawyer, he would deal with tort all the time in court. (I don't know exactly how tort is used in the legal sense, and I had to look up the definition in the dictionary too. ;) But I do know that here in the US, there are proposed bills called "tort reform" that would restrict damages in, and/or prevent, lawsuits that the supporters of these bills view as frivolous.)
 VampireNaomi
09-07-2004, 6:13 AM
Thanks. :) This has confused me since the beginning. When I mix your explanation with the one I got from AdventureLover I actually think that I understand this.
Page: 1 of 1