Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Skinning the Jaden Models

Page: 1 of 1
 Jase_Morden
09-04-2004, 5:15 AM
Hey,
I need a little help with two skins I'm making at the moment, and they're based on the jedi_hm and jedi_hf models, I know how to skin them.
But the problem I have is, I don't want to be able to select them in the custom player screen, I want to be able to select them from the character selection menu (with the actual in-game characters, Kyle, Stormtrooper, etc.).
I know this can be done because I've seen it done in the Chiss Species Pack v2.0.

So, can anybody help me with this please?

-Jase
 90SK
09-08-2004, 3:00 PM
Well, thats actually my deepest, darkest secret. I really don't want to tell you how, so instead why don't you let me do it. What pieces do you want in the models?
 Jase_Morden
09-10-2004, 2:31 AM
Well, for the human male:
head_a1
lower_a1
torso_b1
And human female:
head_b1
lower_a1
torso_b1
 90SK
09-10-2004, 11:07 AM
Well, I'm a little swamped right now, but if I get a gap in my scedual I'll send it to you. In the meantime, try expiremention with the model_siege.skin file in jedi_hm and jedi_hf. Thats how I learned to do it;)
 MarcusLeCoy
10-02-2004, 2:52 PM
Originally posted by CaptainSkye
Well, thats actually my deepest, darkest secret. I really don't want to tell you how, so instead why don't you let me do it. What pieces do you want in the models?
HAH! (http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/HowTo_Model_in_SP;30839)
 90SK
10-02-2004, 6:08 PM
Hmmm, I forgot about this thread. Sorry Marcus, but thats not what he wants to do. That tutorial shows you how to make a model available in SP menu. MY SECRET REMAINS MY OWN! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :p nice try anyway.
 MarcusLeCoy
10-03-2004, 2:41 AM
NOOOOOO!!!

But wait, he wants the models to show up in custom character screen, and if its in SP, it shows up in custom character screen thing:stan: :stan:
 Tararara
10-03-2004, 10:45 AM
Actually, its almost rediculously easy. In the jedi_hf or _hm folders, theres a Model_default.skin file. Put that and the Model.glm file in a new directory, and modify the .skin file like you would a non-Jaden skin.

The differance is that you have to pick which model surfaces are on and off. You can tell which is which from the extra leter added on, IE 'torsob,''torsoc,' etc. Those that you aren't using, replace the textre path with *off.

Make sure you have those two files, a sounds.cfg and an Icon_default image for your skin in, say, "models/players/test". Do the same with the other skin, and put them in a pk3.

Sorry CaptainSkye *shrug*
 90SK
10-03-2004, 4:05 PM
*sobs with admiration*

I suppose I should add on that certain surfaces can be used with other ones, creating brand new combonations not available in SP. *:ball: *
 WoLFF
10-05-2004, 3:20 PM
that HAH tutorial, and nothing seems to be working, can u tell me in a bit more detail? in the tutorial it says i need 2 folders to have a model show up in SP..... also if the model is skin edited and has a different name, can I still put it in SP?
Page: 1 of 1