Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Spawn multiple NPC's?

Page: 1 of 1
 Chitch
09-01-2004, 8:08 AM
Is it possible to spawn more than one NPC at a time?

For example, I'd like to have a large group of Stormtroopers in a MP map without having to do the "npc spawn stormtrooper" command 20 times.

Just curious.
 Samuel Dravis
09-01-2004, 9:26 AM
I don't know of any command to spawn a group of NPCs like you say. There was one in JO, apparently, but I could never get it to work.
 BawBag™
09-01-2004, 9:51 AM
Would it be something (This is very random guessing here) like:

/bind <key> npc spawn stormtrooper;npc spawn stormtrooper;npc spawn stormtrooper;npc spawn stormtrooper;npc spawn stormtrooper; etc.?

Repeated as many times as needed?

:confused:
 Alegis
09-01-2004, 10:48 AM
using that command they'd spawn "on" each other, you'll need to push the npc so another one can appear at that place. you could put a wait 10 or wait 20 in between it and turn around. You wont be able to move though unless you put the move command in it as well ;)
 BawBag™
09-01-2004, 10:56 AM
I see.

Well, Although I could move around when the console was active in JO, I couldn't in JA, so I assumed this would have been the case.

At least I'm not going mad. :D
 iamtrip
09-01-2004, 11:44 AM
/seta stormtrooper "npc spawn stormtrooper"
/bind <key> vstr stormtrooper

Maybe
npc spawn stormtrooper; wait 5; +left; wait 5; -left; wait 2;

would work also, can't remember the movement cmds though.
 Chitch
09-02-2004, 7:49 AM
Sounds like binding a key would be the best way. At least I wouldn't have to type the command out each time.

Thanks!
Page: 1 of 1