Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lip-syncing experiment with a familiar voice...

Page: 1 of 1
 Akril
08-30-2004, 2:56 PM
I must admit, I have a strange fascination with Lupe's voice.

After some indiscretion, I decided to use some of her lines to breathe life into one of my own characters...

And I don't think she turned out that badly... (http://www.deviantart.com/view/8508836/)

(The animation might not be in sync with the sound the first time. If this is the case, reload the page or right-click on the animation and select "Play".)

Akril
 VampireNaomi
08-31-2004, 3:52 AM
Wow, that looks really, really good! You should become an animator. ;)
 Sallim
08-31-2004, 5:08 AM
Cool cool! Hell how long you needed for taht, and with wchich programm is this done ?=)

Edit

Isnt it the same animal in the animation like in your avatar?;)

Sorry if I dont get from what it is, or is it your creation?
 Sally J Limones
09-01-2004, 6:52 PM
LOL. That is SO good. *rolls on floor laughing*
Lupe, reincarnated!
~Sal
 Akril
09-01-2004, 10:08 PM
Thanks, all!

The frames were drawn on the computer with the mouse in Paint Shop Pro, with one frame per layer, then made into a GIF and exported into Flash, where I synced her mouth movements with the various sounds.

It's not the same cheetah as the one in my avatar, they're different characters. I'm part of a fandom that creates its own characters for roleplaying or other devious means. I just like to draw animals.

Akril
 Sallim
09-02-2004, 5:14 AM
Wow hard work with frame for frame!

Again really nice, thanks for answer.
 Akril
10-03-2004, 8:39 PM
An interesting story about this animation...

I posted a link to it on a fairly busy message board that I visit every now and then and created a mini-contest to see who could guess what 1998 adventure game that voice clip came from. I figured, with specifics like that, and GF being one of the best games of all time in some gaming areas, it would be a matter of a few days before someone came up with the answer, right?

Wrong. Very wrong. Nearly 1,600 members and no one even guessed the clip was from a game from Lucasarts. The person who finally got the answer was a diehard adventure gamer who was a friend of one of the forum regulars.

*Sigh...* Popularity has a different meaning in some places.

Akril
 VampireNaomi
10-04-2004, 5:01 AM
What? WHAT?!

Okay, I knew there are many people who don't know a thing about GF, but... :eek: We need to start a propaganda operation.
Page: 1 of 1