Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

NPC problems

Page: 1 of 1
 EvilJedi
08-29-2004, 5:42 PM
I tried making a type of "NPC movie" but for MP. By this I don't mean a cutscene, I mean a couple NPCs doing funny stuff for you to watch from behind a glass window.

I have so far:

1) You press a button to start the "movie" which spawns 3 stormtroopers
2) Stormtroopers run to their waypoints and finally the point_combat.
3) Point_combat is inside triggers connected to target_kill. The triggers have a wait of 4.
4) As soon as the stormies die, a jedi sound is played and a grid breaks. Jedi shows up out of the grid and dies a while later.

My problems: The stormies will not move from waypoint to waypoint in neither MP nor SP. I find this a little weird since it worked before and now it doesn't.

Here is a 3D view picture of the "movie"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/EvilJedi/Npc.gif)

Red blocks: Stormtrooper NPCs
Yellow blocks: Waypoints
Purple blocks: Point_combat
Green blocks: triggers.
Small red block: target_speaker
Small grey blocks: target_kill.

Any suggestions?
 snife
08-30-2004, 6:16 AM
script it,,,,
cuz the "stormies" have to c u to move,,,,i think that they cant do that if u have a brush betwen u,,,
and if they would c u,,, they probably would shot at u!
im just a newbie in real scripting so im sry i cant help u with that
just give me some days and ill (maybe) find out how to do it,,,,

btw is it u evil that is in WZ-Mod?
 EvilJedi
08-30-2004, 9:23 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot they need to see you.. But there is/was always glass between (and I put a physics_clip brush because the bullets went through the glass) and it worked back when I had only glass. So should I maybe take out the physics_clip brush? And they do shoot at you (well not anymore, because they apparently don't see you), is there a way to take out the shooting, or take away their guns?
 snife
09-03-2004, 6:36 AM
u can make new npc's,,,,
or just script it,,,, i think it is like this,,,,

//(BHVD)

affect ( "stormie1", /*@AFFECT_TYPE*/ FLUSH )
{
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_DONTFIRE", /*@BOOL_TYPES*/ "true" );
}

//(BHVD)

affect ( "stormie1", /*@AFFECT_TYPE*/ FLUSH )
{
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_DONTSHOT", /*@BOOL_TYPES*/ "true" );
}

u can download behaved here (http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?2888)

u dont need to use SET_DONTSHOT , that only makes npc's to not shot at the npc,,,, i think that will work,,,
 snife
10-10-2004, 10:24 AM
hey dude, did it work?
 EvilJedi
10-10-2004, 11:39 AM
I'm still learning scripting, plus I havn't worked on that map in a few months. But I'll try next time I get back to it. Thanks.
Page: 1 of 1