Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mandalorian Heavy Blasters Vs. Bendak's Blasters.

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthBuzzard
08-27-2004, 7:42 PM
I have a question for everyone.

When I'm playing LS, Carth is nearly always in my party. With his blaster pistol mastery and his 2 weapon fighting skills, I like to keep him equipped with blasters (duh). Now heres the question. Which do you think is better for him (until you get Cassus Fetts Heavy Pistol and Sauls Sith Assassin Pistol), the Mandalorian heavy blasters on Calo's corpse, or 2 fully upgraded Bendak's blasters.

Thx for the input :D
 Achilles
08-27-2004, 9:23 PM
Bendak's Blasters (w/ upgrades):
Damage: Energy, 5-10
Attack Modifier: +5

Mandalorian Heavy Pistols:
Damage: Energy, 4-11
Damage Bonus: Physical +2 (means that total damage is 6-13 and two points of it ignores personal shields)
Attack Modifier: +3

Where to find this information on your own (http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotor/equipment/blasterpistols.php) :D
 kome566
08-27-2004, 10:27 PM
Well if you want to avoid any DS conflict then stick with Mandy's if you just want to step into evil land but go back to good land then kill bendak :cool: :cool:
 DarthBuzzard
08-27-2004, 11:22 PM
Thanks Achilles, I was missing that physical bonus (doh)

Guess that settles that then :D
 Achilles
08-28-2004, 2:05 AM
Originally posted by kome566
Well if you want to avoid any DS conflict then stick with Mandy's if you just want to step into evil land but go back to good land then kill bendak :cool: :cool:
Since he was talking about having two of them, I assumed that he was going to be using cheats for the Bendak pistols. You are right to bring alignment concerns up though.
 Achilles
08-28-2004, 2:06 AM
Originally posted by DarthBuzzard
Thanks Achilles, I was missing that physical bonus (doh)

Guess that settles that then :D
Yeah, it's too bad BW didn't put more into ranged weapons. I'm very thankful that OE appears to be taking it seriously.
 DarthBuzzard
08-28-2004, 2:43 AM
Originally posted by Achilles
Yeah, it's too bad BW didn't put more into ranged weapons. I'm very thankful that OE appears to be taking it seriously.

Agreed. IMO, Blasters and armor make for a very fun game, but their was so little depth in ranged wep. fighting selection etc that i gave up on that idea REAL early. If Obsidian is putting more effort into it... GO OBSIDIAN!!
 Hiroki
08-28-2004, 10:22 AM
Well, answer me one thing, Darth Buzzard. If you are going to cheat and get two Bendak pistols anyway, why not just cheat and get Sauls Sith Assasin pistol, and Cassus' Fetts Heavy Blaster?
 Achilles
08-28-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Hiroki
Well, answer me one thing, Darth Buzzard. If you are going to cheat and get two Bendak pistols anyway, why not just cheat and get Sauls Sith Assasin pistol, and Cassus' Fetts Heavy Blaster? Well, I'm not Darth Buzzard, but I would like to interject that there is cheating....and then there is cheating. :)

Using cheat codes to pad your coffers with a few thousand extra credits is certainly cheating, but it's much different that giving yourself a million of them.

I guess the distinction lies in how much effort you make to preserve some semblance of game balance.

Just my 2 cents.

....assuming that he was going to use cheat codes, of course....
 RedHawke
08-29-2004, 7:49 PM
Originally posted by Hiroki
Well, answer me one thing, Darth Buzzard. If you are going to cheat and get two Bendak pistols anyway, why not just cheat and get Sauls Sith Assasin pistol, and Cassus' Fetts Heavy Blaster?

Actually Hiroki there is a bug in KOTOR that will allow you to get 2 Bendak Starkiller Blasters from Ajurr. And DarthBuzzard most likely is refrencing that bug instead of actual cheat codes. Though I'm not him and could be wrong. :D

There is a full list of the bugs/exloits in KOTOR for both the Xbox and PC here (http://www.gamewinners.com/xbox/StarWarsKnightsOldRepublic.htm) some people don't consider bugs/exploits cheating... some do. :D
 DarthBuzzard
09-02-2004, 12:16 PM
YEs im talking about the bug where you do the conversations in a different order and get two of the loverly pistols.

BUT - I've download Achilles' Republic Heavy Pistols mod. One word: Owned :D
 Achilles
09-02-2004, 1:37 PM
Originally posted by DarthBuzzard
YEs im talking about the bug where you do the conversations in a different order and get two of the loverly pistols.

BUT - I've download Achilles' Republic Heavy Pistols mod. One word: Owned :D
Glad to hear someone is using them :D

Just an FYI though, the placeables appear to be broken. I'm in the process of fixing them right now, but it might be a few days. In the mean time, I imagine that you used the giveitem cheat, so you won't be losing any sleep over this news :)
 DarthBuzzard
09-02-2004, 3:04 PM
Yup i couldn't find them in the station and was dying to try them.

It's so interesting watching Carth blasting hordes of sith troopers and taking them down in one hit with the Heavy Blasters :eek: :D
Page: 1 of 1