Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Toto Santos

Page: 1 of 1
 VampireNaomi
08-27-2004, 11:33 AM
There is something that has bothered me quite a while. When you've taken care of Naranja, Toto mutters something in a foreign language.

Is it Spanish? For some reason it doesn't sound like it to me, but I don't know what else it could be. I read online that it's Hungarian. But why would it be?

Does anyone else know?
 neon_git
08-27-2004, 4:07 PM
I think it's something along the lines of "Your still paying for this" in english but i have no idea what language it is, i'd always assumed it would be spanish.
 VampireNaomi
08-28-2004, 8:25 AM
Yeah, the line was translated in the script which stops me from copying it to my Brazilian friend. She could tell me if it's Spanish or not.
 JawaJoey
08-30-2004, 10:26 PM
Toto was a somehwat Russian-type character was he not? Or is my memory messed up?
 Sally J Limones
09-02-2004, 6:18 PM
1. Tim Fandango, bless their hearts, have identified the language of Toto Santos' mutterings as Hungarian. That's good enough for me.
2. Toto Santos' name MUST come from El Dia de los Todo Santos (spelling?), ie. All Saints Day. November 1st. Some coincidence.
~Sal
 VampireNaomi
09-03-2004, 4:36 AM
Yes, I just read from another message board that it's Hungarian. You got to shine before me, Sally! ;)

But the strange thing is that the same message board said that Toto speaks English with a Russian accent. I wonder why.
 Sally J Limones
09-03-2004, 6:36 AM
I don't think he sounds Russian.... that's probably a mistake. Morgan Hunter is the name of the voice actor... *shrug*
~Sal
 VampireNaomi
09-03-2004, 6:42 AM
I never though he was Russian either. His accent was something I couldn't quite put my finger on.
 ZaXeriaw
09-05-2004, 5:56 AM
Buut ? Hungarian and Finnish sounds like eachother. Any finish guys in here ?

Anyway Hungarian is a crap-language... :D
 VampireNaomi
09-05-2004, 6:15 AM
I'm Finnish and I wasn't able to understand anything of what Toto said.

I think Hungarian sounds very interesting and I would love to study it.
 ZaXeriaw
09-06-2004, 2:49 AM
I was on a vacation this summer to hungry. And I must say...that language... Nasty shiiit.... I didn't understand one word of it. But the women was okay ;)
 Sanspoof
09-06-2004, 10:33 PM
Turn on the subtitles when he talks. That worked for me.
Page: 1 of 1