Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Inserting Static Placeables

Page: 1 of 1
 beancounter
08-26-2004, 12:32 AM
Is there any way to place a new static placeable into a custom module. I have followed Doom Dealers tutorial and modified the .git file, but my placeable does not show up in game. Even if I change the X, Y, Z coordinates of an existing placeable it does not show up in the game. Any help would be appreciated.
 Darth333
08-26-2004, 12:48 AM
Well, you can always use a script ;) but if you are creating a new module, I suggest you have a look at this post: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1571939#post1571939)

It's for doors but the same applies to any other placeables.

If it still doesn't appear, don't hesitate to PM me :)
 StormTrooper789
08-26-2004, 8:28 AM
What editor do you use, is it GFF Editor or NWN editor? When I used GFF Editor, stuff wouldn't pop up in modules until I switched to NWN Editor. It handles floats very well. Also use CAMedit to fix the camera values too.
 Darth333
08-26-2004, 10:16 AM
Stormtrooper789: as my post mentions, this is normally due to the fact the the Field ID is wrong. When you use the copy/paste function with Bioware's editor, this information is lost but not with the NWNeditor (btw, Beancounter, you will find a link to this editor in the Guide for the Newbie)
 beancounter
08-26-2004, 11:28 AM
Thanks guys for the help. I have managed to get it working. :)
It is pretty impressive that this group has figured all of this out dispite Bioware's lack of help.

Last question, what is the camera list used for. I believe it is used for cutscenes to give different perspectives. Is that correct?
 Darth333
08-26-2004, 11:34 AM
Gff editor corrupts the Cameras in the .git file in that it does not recognizes certain elements. Refer to this old dusty discussion: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126853) :)
 beancounter
08-26-2004, 11:46 AM
Thanks again. And again in advance for any other questions I may need help for latter on. :D

I guess I need to refine my keyword search for this forum. I did not see that thread.
 Darth333
08-26-2004, 11:49 AM
np, anytime :)
and I admit that the keyword search is not always easy to use...:rolleyes: ...memory is sometimes a better tool :D
Page: 1 of 1