Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

malak and bandon armor?

Page: 1 of 1
 abcdow
08-25-2004, 8:06 PM
I'm looking at modding some armor, and I really like the look of Malak and Bandon's (the version you see him wearing, not the version you take of his festering corpse). Is it possible to retexture the N_DarthBand01.tpc and N_DarthMalak01.tpc, then give them stats, from say (and not exactly) Qel Droma's Robes, and use say the icon for say the Star Forge robes?
If so, how would I go about naming the files so that they all coincide and work together?
Thanks
 abcdow
08-25-2004, 8:08 PM
I almost forgot, I have some good tutorials so, I don't need to know how to retexture, or use the GFFEditor, I just need some clarification to the above questions, Thanks.
 Nodakrattler
08-25-2004, 9:54 PM
I'd realy like to help but the actual art of making unique items is still something I'm working on, but I can tell you trying to use Malak's isn't possible right now since his body and head is one model. Bandon's body and head are two different models so it is possible. I do know that Jackal put out a mod awhile back useing the mdl and mdx files for Bandon to make them scout clothes I do belive someone did put out a mod of Bandon's armor as robes like you're trying to do, do not let this stop you though, each person's work is great. The best I could tell you is check the Do you Want to mod SW-KotOR? Then Start here. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124284) thread. You will probably need a hex editor to mod the mdl file in order to have a different texture then the one Bandon alredy has. I hope this helped a little bit if not just ignore me and wait for a real modder to try to help you.

EDIT: Here's a link to what someone, named HULAS?, has done mabye you can get some clues to help you from what he has done. Darth Bandon Robes (http://www.pcgamemods.com/6852)
Page: 1 of 1