Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Are you gonna just sit there all day?

Page: 1 of 1
 RenikDelan
08-25-2004, 10:31 AM
Well..... good.
I'm trying to make a map with a bunch of NPCs do nothing but /amsit2 (meditate), /amsit3 (sitting relaxed), /amwait (leaning against wall), or /amatease (standing with hands behind back). How would I go about scripting that? Would that be in a botroute or something I can do in Radiant?
 Codja X
08-25-2004, 12:05 PM
A brief guide to see you on your way:

give the npc the key: npc_targetname with the key "lazybugger1" and the key spawnscript with "yourscriptfolder/lazynpcs" and set the flag "bs_cinematic" if your don't want the script overridden by the default AI

in the yourscriptfolder create a file called lazynpcs.icarus. Open it up in behaved and double click on the "affect" entry on the left. Put "lazybugger1" in there so that script will affect that npc.

add the line SET_ANIM_BOTH and give it the animation you want from the drop down list

then add the line SET_ANIM_HOLDTIME_BOTH and give it a value of "-1" for infinite looping

For the other npcs, call them lazybugger2, 3 etc, and add an affect command for each of them in your lazynpcs.icarus script. remember to compile it, and remember to put the proper path in the spawnscript field

[edit] this is for Single Player - i'm not sure if it'll work in MP
 RenikDelan
08-25-2004, 3:38 PM
Well, this map is going to be MP... but I'll try it and let everyone know.
Page: 1 of 1