Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Model Stuff

Page: 1 of 1
 Yoko
08-23-2004, 10:25 PM
Im sorry if this has already been asked or if I missed it in the stickies but is there some kind of in depth modeling tutorial out there? I would love to do some modeling for Gsccc's new mod A New Foe.

Thanks.
 shosey
08-23-2004, 10:28 PM
check this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129789&highlight=modeling+tutorial) thread out, it should give you what you need.
 Yoko
08-23-2004, 10:31 PM
Yea i looked at all those tutorials, well i guess i should just state the problem i had, I was doing th MDLOps tutorial and when I click export geom only it loads but there is no file in the meshes directory where it was supposed to export it to. If you guys could help me out that would be awsome.:)
 cchargin
08-23-2004, 10:44 PM
Hello,

Are you using gmax + nwmax?

If you are using nwmax 0.7 then your ascii .mdl will be output to the same directory you loaded it from.

Also you have to be sure that the "snoop" program is running in order to export models from gmax + nwmax. The easiest way to do this is to use the nwmax icon that should have been placed on your desktop when you installed nwmax. Otherwise start gmax and then look for \gmax\scripts\NWmax\nwmax.exe and run it. This program is what lets you export ascii .mdl from gmax
 Doc Valentine
08-23-2004, 11:13 PM
K i fixed it THANKS SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!

EDIT: This is yoko using Chuck's comp:)
 Doc Valentine
08-23-2004, 11:20 PM
(Yoko) I have one more question, It made it into w_BlstrCrbn_001.mdl.ascii. Is this right, if so what do i do with it?
 T7nowhere
08-24-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Gsccc
(Yoko) I have one more question, It made it into w_BlstrCrbn_001.mdl.ascii. Is this right, if so what do i do with it?

If you check the box(under Export Geom only) "Compile exported model" that is what you will get. Simply uncheck the box and click "Export Geom only" and you will get the model ascii without .ascii. And then use mdlops to compile the model.
 Yoko
08-24-2004, 5:51 PM
Has someone already completed the darth vader helmet or can i take a wack at it?
Page: 1 of 1