Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kiss Tool Released! - Make Your Mods Compatible!

Page: 1 of 1
 Immortality
08-23-2004, 5:42 PM
Together with the first KISS release comes the third Customization Pack. After two packs with new female characters, the male audience will be pleased now with redhead version of the player characters!

KISS has been used again of course to insure compatibility and the ability to uninstall. The script for this pack has been included in the help file that comes with KISS to help you on the way and show how things were done.

You can find the PC Customization Pack III HERE (http://kotor.forgottenwars.net/?page=mods/custompackiii)

And now, the big news:

The time for the first KISS release has finally come! This release comes with everything you should need to make your mod compatible. The customization packs already show that ;)

KISS helps you in the following things:
- Powered by scripts to allow full flexibility!
- Make your mods compatible with other mods out there!
- Your mods will be completely uninstallable!
- Pack your mod files in either BIF, MOD or RIM files on the fly!
- Append or edit any 2da file!
- Edit any GFF file!
- KISS comes with a help file explaining how it works as well as a complete scripting reference and example scripts!

All in all a lot of useful features for the first release ;) Visit the KISS forum (http://forums.forgottenwars.net/index.php?showforum=186) for more information and the download link!
 tk102
08-23-2004, 8:45 PM
- KISS comes with a help file explaining how it works as well as a complete scripting reference and example scripts!

Where are the example scripts?
 SConrad
08-23-2004, 8:56 PM
It's in the help-file, in the 'KISS Usage'-section -> How do I use KISS?

Furthermore, myself and Theo wishes to direct any questions and suggestions to the official KISS-forum found here (http://forums.forgottenwars.net/index.php?showforum=186). We want to to contain all questions there, since chasing around X diffrent forums answering questions isn't really ideal for any of us.

I dunno about this, but pinning this topic might be good?
 tk102
08-23-2004, 9:03 PM
Ah finally found it. Examples of scripting are worth their weight in gold...

FWIW, I'd recommend giving it its own section header and putting inline with the rest of the help rather than an external file.
 SConrad
08-23-2004, 9:10 PM
A good suggestion.

Oh, I should have added a "and suggestions"-phrase after the "questions" in "Furthermore, myself and Theo wishes to direct any questions to the official KISS-forum found here (http://forums.forgottenwars.net/index.php?showforum=186).")

I think I'll change that.
 Achilles
08-23-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by tk102
Ah finally found it. Examples of scripting are worth their weight in gold...

FWIW, I'd recommend giving it its own section header and putting inline with the rest of the help rather than an external file.

Tk102, love the new status! :bounce1:
 T7nowhere
08-23-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by SConrad
A good suggestion.

Oh, I should have added a "and suggestions"-phrase after the "questions" in "Furthermore, myself and Theo wishes to direct any questions to the official KISS-forum found

Hmm. I appreciate what you guys are trying to do, and if you want to advertise a tool or mod here @ Holowan Labs thats fine and is welcome. However it is inappropriate to redirect questions and comments to a forum outside of LF. By posting in Holowan you should expect and accept that people will post questions and comments in Holowan.
 Immortality
08-24-2004, 6:11 AM
Hi, T7 :)

Dont get SC wrong, please, the fact he asked for people to post in another forum is to have the questions and answers as centralized as possible, nothing more. We are very aware people will be asking here, and everywhere else, thats inevitable, and i'm sure he'll be happy to answer if he ever sees a question in here, but as you can see, HL is enormous, and some questions will be repeated, and some questions will be lost in the mass of posts. :) So, no, its not that we want to drive people away, by now you should know thats impossible, and its not our intention at all! HL is the heart of the kotor community and we are in no way changing that :)

About KISS, i've been speaking with Darth333 via pm, and she told me her concerns of the community being very young still. I completely agree with her, but its a start :) Until now you could only play 1 reskin mod at once and probably one npc mod. I'm not a modder myself (i only make photoshop edits), i do what i do from the player's perspective, and from that perspective i can assure you it would be GREAT to not have to choose between mods, but install them all and play them all without the "would this be compatible?" thought :)

As modder i really ask you to give it a shot, compatible mods is the main player concern, so, aside of posting or not posting in this or that forum, i'll ask you for your support and know that we are indeed waiting for your opinions, as you are one of the most experimented modders :)

Cheers!
 SConrad
08-24-2004, 11:58 AM
Yes, Immortality has got it all right.

While we are sure that questions is bound to come up here, we want to try to contain all questions in one place, so that we won't have to ask the same questions over and over again.

Another fact is that me and Theo are much more likely to miss any questions here, since there's a lot of other things going on here, not to mention the size. I will surely answer any questions I spot here, but I might miss one or two, and that's not good.

While FW is the largest IE-modding forum, KotOR-modding on FW are very new, but we hope that KISS can be something that increases the population.

There is no doubt in my mind that KISS is a tool that the modders will have great use of. Compatibility is, after all, a very important question.
Page: 1 of 1