Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

makeing master power feet into a aoe attack?

Page: 1 of 1
 maddogsz
08-23-2004, 2:44 PM
iv ben wanting for a long long time to have a area efect attack with melee weps but my knowleg in modding is next to null

i belive i have all the programs i need to do this but were do i start and is it even possabel ?

thanks for any help in advance
 Achilles
08-23-2004, 5:00 PM
This (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133865) thread might help to point you in the right direction :D
 maddogsz
08-23-2004, 7:15 PM
thanks but that thraed was no good :/ (it really dont have to much info )

i need to know what fiels to modify and were to find them and what programs to use to find them

im prity sure i know how to make it aoe

object oUse = GetFirstObjectInShape(SHAPE_SPHERE, 5.0, GetLocation(oTarget), FALSE, OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE | OBJECT_TYPE_PLACEABLE);

or some thing like that tho i dought thats any were near right lol
 Achilles
08-23-2004, 7:51 PM
Originally posted by maddogsz
thanks but that thraed was no good :/ (it really dont have to much info )

i need to know what fiels to modify and were to find them and what programs to use to find them

im prity sure i know how to make it aoe

object oUse = GetFirstObjectInShape(SHAPE_SPHERE, 5.0, GetLocation(oTarget), FALSE, OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE | OBJECT_TYPE_PLACEABLE);

or some thing like that tho i dought thats any were near right lol
Did you check out the link that Beancounter provided or did you just look at the posts?
 maddogsz
08-23-2004, 8:04 PM
yes it was about how to add the comand to the radio menu

and tould me to modify diolg.tkl but i could not find that file

and im not realy wanting to add a new feet just mofiy one

that thred might help some one who knows how to read scripts and find fiels alot

but for a noob such as i it just made me confuised
 Darth333
08-23-2004, 8:32 PM
well honestly maddogsz, although I encourage you to modding Kotor (I am always happy to see new modders), this may not be the best place to start if you don't know anything about scripting...I would suggest you start with something else and when you are comfortable with the basics of scripting, then you can attempt to do it.
 maddogsz
08-23-2004, 8:41 PM
ok but were should i start?
 Achilles
08-23-2004, 9:44 PM
Originally posted by maddogsz
ok but were should i start?
If you're looking to jump right into scripting, then perhaps a nice recruit mod would be a good place to start. Generally, you're going to have about 3 scripts and they're all pretty simple. The hard part is writing dialogs and editing utc files :D
Page: 1 of 1