Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I am Jedi!

Page: 1 of 1
 shosey
08-23-2004, 4:40 AM
Ok, I decieded to start a new game and was going to use the padawan mod to start as a Jedi. The only problem here is I get almost no items when I start. You skip the spire and get no compensation for this!

Therefore, I made my own start as jedi mod.

It basically works just like the padawan mod only the dialog is much shorter and to the point and once you end up on taris you get all the items (plus a little) that you would normally get by running the spire.

I hope you enjoy.

To get your copy go to http://kotor.hosey.org)
 Achilles
08-23-2004, 4:43 AM
Originally posted by shosey
Ok, I decieded to start a new game and was going to use the padawan mod to start as a Jedi. The only problem here is I get almost no items when I start. You skip the spire and get no compensation for this!

Therefore, I made my own start as jedi mod.

It basically works just like the padawan mod only the dialog is much shorter and to the point and once you end up on taris you get all the items (plus a little) that you would normally get by running the spire.

I hope you enjoy.

To get your copy go to http://kotor.hosey.org)

Err...all I saw were your usual (excellent) mods. Have you updated the Skip Endar Spire mod or is there another link that I should be looking for?
 RedHawke
08-23-2004, 4:45 AM
Originally posted by Achilles
Err...all I saw were your usual (excellent) mods. Have you updated the Skip Endar Spire mod or is there another link that I should be looking for?

Yup the same for me, have you updated your website Shosey?

The mod sounds cool by the way! :D

EDIT: Got it now! :D Thanks Shosey! :D
 Jackel
08-23-2004, 4:46 AM
I can see it :p

http://kotor.hosey.org/iamjedi/)

From Shoseys front page :

Kotor Mods

Ebon Hawk Basement
High Stakes Pazaak
I am Jedi! <------------- Right there guys ;)
Skip Endire Spire
 shosey
08-23-2004, 4:47 AM
haha, you guys looked too soon!

I usually post in the forum first. I always reference the post on the download page.

its a case of chicken and the egg, which comes first (the site or the post??)

hehe, check it now :)

I tested each class to make sure they all worked correctly and you got the right saber, however if there are any problems pleases let me know.

As always, enjoy!
 RedHawke
08-23-2004, 4:50 AM
^^^^
Were just really fast with a mouse thats all! :D
 Jackel
08-23-2004, 5:02 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
^^^^
Were just really fast with a mouse thats all! :D
Being over eager to try out a new mod was your downfall ;)

Shosey : did you include tk102's modified files that come with his save game editor (or make your own) seeing the game checks to see if you are scount , soldier or scoundral when leaving taris ?
 shosey
08-23-2004, 1:57 PM
I actually did the class checking myself a long time ago when I wrote the "Skip Spire" mod. I just incorporated it into this release as well. In fact, the majority of this mod is the same - you get all the same items that you would get with the skipspire mod as well - which is why I wrote it in the first place :)

Enjoy
 Xavier
08-23-2004, 9:30 PM
Why you used a shortlightsaber? is it possible, without cheating, to get a normal one?
 Achilles
08-23-2004, 9:57 PM
Originally posted by Xavier
Why you used a shortlightsaber? is it possible, without cheating, to get a normal one?
The shortsaber is used in an attempt to maintain game balance. A short saber is pretty close to a powerful vibroblade. A full lightsaber would just be too powerful to make Taris much of a challenge.

To answer your second question, you can add a lightsaber to the backpack just outside of the hide out. I already have this , so if you'd like, PM me with your email addy and I'll send it to you.
 shosey
08-23-2004, 10:04 PM
Achilles is exactly right, I included the short saber only because the normal saber would be too powerful that early on in the game. However, I always include my source code - so if you want to mod the mod as it were for your own use you are free to do that. You would just have to change the give item section.

Change this
CreateItemOnObject("g_w_shortsbr01", me);

to this
CreateItemOnObject("g_w_lghtsbr01", me);

01 = blue saber
03 = green saber
04 = yellow saber

Hope this helps.
 Jackel
08-23-2004, 10:09 PM
01 = blue saber
02 = green saber
04 = yellow saber
Should be 03 = green saber ;)

02 is the red one
 Achilles
08-23-2004, 10:12 PM

01 = blue saber
02 = green saber
04 = yellow saber

If I may....

01 = Blue
02 = Red
03 = Green
04 = Yellow
05 = Purple
06 = Malak's lightsaber (Red)

:D
 shosey
08-23-2004, 10:24 PM
You all are correct of course :) My appologies.
 Xavier
08-24-2004, 6:12 PM
Originally posted by Achilles
The shortsaber is used in an attempt to maintain game balance. A short saber is pretty close to a powerful vibroblade. A full lightsaber would just be too powerful to make Taris much of a challenge.

To answer your second question, you can add a lightsaber to the backpack just outside of the hide out. I already have this , so if you'd like, PM me with your email addy and I'll send it to you.

Hi Achiles.

I agree with you. But since i'm playng with the Obi-Wan face i just wanted to add a more movie like mood.

Therefore, if i had a normal blue Light saber since the start, or even better, the Bastila Lightsaber to be a one-hand Lightsaber so i could use it later on would be sweet. You know as if Obi-Wan had lost also his weapon in the crash pod. It seems to be a very commom theme in the episode II (Anakin loses twice, Obi-Wan loses twice...)

I'm having problems with my e-mail account. Could you post the link to whatever MOD about this here?

Thanks!!!
 Achilles
08-24-2004, 6:38 PM
Hi Achiles.

I agree with you. But since i'm playng with the Obi-Wan face i just wanted to add a more movie like mood.

Therefore, if i had a normal blue Light saber since the start, or even better, the Bastila Lightsaber to be a one-hand Lightsaber so i could use it later on would be sweet. You know as if Obi-Wan had lost also his weapon in the crash pod. It seems to be a very commom theme in the episode II (Anakin loses twice, Obi-Wan loses twice...)

I'm having problems with my e-mail account. Could you post the link to whatever MOD about this here?

Thanks!!!
Bastila's lightsaber is just a normal yellow, doublebladed lightsaber. I could add normal yellow lightsaber to the pack and call it Bastila's but it would still just be a normal saber :)

I don't feel comfortable posting the file in question due to the fact that it's not really a mod. If you'd like to set up a web based account, I can send it there, or you can use my Placeable Tutorial (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134067) to make your own file. Should only take you a few minutes :D

I hope that helps!
 shosey
08-25-2004, 1:58 PM
you could always use the give item cheat to get the saber you wanted.
 Xavier
08-28-2004, 3:15 AM
Hello there i'm playing with that MOD and i noticed the Player Character vitality never gets bellow one point no matter what damage it takes.

Is this a part of the MOD or a bug? Also i used once the energy resistence Force Power and it is lasting for an hour now.

i even started another game and the same is happening. Any clues?
 Achilles
08-28-2004, 3:24 AM
Hello there i'm playing with that MOD and i noticed the Player Character vitality never gets bellow one point no matter what damage it takes.

Is this a part of the MOD or a bug?
If it's anything like the padawan mod, that will go away at Level 8. Not sure why...
 shosey
08-28-2004, 8:56 AM
you know, I completly for about that bug from the padawan mod. I bet mine has the same problem. I rember reading in a thread a while back about a fix. I'll look into it either tonight or this weekend. Thanks for pointing it out!
 shosey
08-28-2004, 9:26 PM
OK, I fixed up the scripts! Much thanks to TK102 for looking up the command for me while I was at work! My curiosity got the better of me ;-)

anyhow, in order to solve your problem Xavier you can do one of two things.
either install the new version and start a new game, or get the Kotor Savegame Editor and change the MinOneHP value to false.

Either way - it should solve your problem.

if anybody else has this problem with the new version let me know - it should be better now.
 Xavier
08-29-2004, 8:55 AM
OK, I fixed up the scripts! Much thanks to TK102 for looking up the command for me while I was at work! My curiosity got the better of me ;-)

The fixed version replaced the old version in your site? Maybe you should let people know its a better version.

Thank you for the MOD.
 Link3310
07-15-2005, 6:30 PM
Okay well I like the like the mod but I can't exactly use it, can someone kinda explain exactly how to copy the files and everything into the overide folder.

I just need to know:

1) What is the overide folder (I believe it's the same folder that you use to enable the cheats)

2) How you copy the cheats into the overide folder
 Darth333
07-15-2005, 6:46 PM
welcome to the forums :)

This is a mod (game modification) and not a cheat. In fact you don't need cheats to get this working. First and just in case, the mod is only for Kotor 1 and not Kotor 2.

Then, you just extract the files from the .zip file into your Override Folder located by default in C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\Override

(to enable cheats, it's the swkotor.ini file and not the override folder)

You have to start a new game to get this mod working as the script that turns you into a Jedi is activated right at the beginning of the game.

For more info on how to install mods, check this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143422)
 Pneuvo
11-08-2005, 2:12 PM
Is there a mod that gets around the 20 level limit?
 Darth333
11-08-2005, 2:22 PM
No: it's hardcoded and impossible to do.

And it is completely off-topic. In the future, please post mod requests in the mod requests forum: http://lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=635)
 Pneuvo
11-11-2005, 4:24 PM
I didn't think it was off topic, since it could have been part of your mod and certainly affects the benefits of starting off as a jedi. Sorry to offend.
Page: 1 of 1