Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The way it should have been

Page: 1 of 2
 bneezy
08-21-2004, 2:28 AM
Mandalorian:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/mando1.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/mando2.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/mando3.jpg)

Darth Revan:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/revan1.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/revan2.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/revan3.jpg)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mandalorian: I want to expand on this. The helmet can only be used when you have the armor. Hence, the completed suit. Notice that the armor is a little different when you have the whole suit? They add a belt and some armor plates along the shoulder and wrists. I want to maybe add a belt and gauntlets you have to collect in order to get the full suit (along with the helmet.) These are just story ideas. Maybe have Canderous collect his lost armor as you go through the game. What do you think? By the way, completing the whole suit should give you amazing bonuses (along with the ones you get from the individual pieces as you collect them.) Any other way to fit this into a story? Maybe those people who recolored the armors would be interested in making this into a mod. Recolor the g_a_class9003, icon, and helmet icon to match the full suit (which would be recolered as well.)

Darth Revan: This is just what it should have been. The mask dependencies are the same as the Mandalorian Helmet. Now you can incorporate the mask into the story line. You have the robe and then you have to look for the mask to complete the transformation. Mask has a custom icon. Imagine the Revan Redemption Robes set up the same way. Svosh could recolor g_a_mstrrobe06 to match the color scheme of the Redemption Robes, make a custom icon for the mask, and recolor the robe icon (in case you wanted to go light side. I don't remember if the robes had a custom icon or not.) The same could work for the Revan the White robes. So many possibilities. Maybe you could incorporate the two looks (hood up and down) for a reason. Maybe when the mask is equipped, you get a +10 to strength but a -5 to defense. Give the player an incentive to use all the looks. You could take it even further. Give the model of Revan with the hood up, but no mask, in the middle. Then you could find the mask and complete it. Although, I don't know how you would explain the sudden appearance of the cape. Just some thoughts.
 Glamador
08-21-2004, 2:33 AM
ive been waiting for this kind of thing to come along! i thought it should have been this way from the beginning!
 Achilles
08-21-2004, 3:59 AM
I like what you did with the mandalorian helmet. I'm not quite sure what to think of the revan mask, but I definitely think that you should release the Mandalorian set.

Nice work!
 bneezy
08-21-2004, 4:31 AM
I don't really like to realease mods of my own for some reason. They're not really mods, just ideas for other people to incorporate into their own. What do you mean you're not sure about the Revan mask?
 Achilles
08-21-2004, 4:43 AM
Originally posted by bneezy
I don't really like to realease mods of my own for some reason. They're not really mods, just ideas for other people to incorporate into their own. What do you mean you're not sure about the Revan mask?

Since you're not going to release them, then it stands to reason that you weren't looking for feedback, so please disregard.
 bneezy
08-21-2004, 5:11 AM
lol, well it is nice to know that if I was, you'd be crappin' all over my mod. And after all we've been through (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/possibility3.jpg) together (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/possibility4.jpg).
 Achilles
08-21-2004, 5:24 AM
lol, well it is nice to know that if I was, you'd be crappin' all over my mod. And after all we've been through (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/possibility3.jpg) together (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/possibility4.jpg).
So quick to assume...:D
I was simply going to comment that the transition seemed a little radical for a head wear addition and ask if there was some way to negate the sudden appearance of a cape, loincloth, and hood :)

There, I feel better. How about you?

PS: Very cool screens!
 bneezy
08-21-2004, 6:24 AM
No problem. Just needed an excuse to show us chopping down a Stormtrooper again.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've decided to expand on the concept of the "whole" Mandalorian Battle Armor System. You saw in the screens that the helmet was equippable. The helmet gives certain abilities and requires others from other components. I've done that with others as well. I'm expanding this concept to include a recognition chip (implant) to allow the armor to verify the wearer and allow them to use it. I'm also considering a set of gloves to increase accuracy (gauntlets), Energy and Melee Shields (already in game but a lot more powerful) to give near invulnerability for about 15 seconds for each type, depending on which shield you used, and a powercell pack (belt) to increase defenses and power the external defenses (this will help explain the extra plating on the suit on the wrists and shoulders) for the suit. You can acquire them, but they won't activate (appear) until you get maybe the helmet or powercell. The dependencies are getting a little confusing. All the icons are already in the game, but I'm using specific ones for the armor components.

So it works out like this:

Implant ->> Let's you gather acquire and use components.
Gloves ->> Gives you control over the suit when you get it.
Suit ->> Main component. Armor bonus and has the programming you need for the rest of the suit. No external defense yet. (Extra plating.)
Belt ->> Boosts all bonuses of the suit. Requirement for other components. Not active yet. (This will help explain the belt on the full model.)
Shields ->> Near invulnerability from Energy or Melee for a short time.
Helmet ->> Activates external defenses (extra plating and belt now visible) and add modifiers to all bonuses already given.

Not sure about the weapons or upgrades yet. The suit should take a good while to complete and when it is, you should be damn near industructable. Since Fred's new Module Editor just came out, I'll probably practice on the Manaan module for a while and see if I can't get some new vendors that specialize in the suit's technology. When the Editor matures, I'll work on placing them on othe planets and maybe at the Space Station on Yavin IV. Sorry for the long post, just go some ideas flowing. I'll post some screens soon for the rest of the armor.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone is interested in doing something like this, PM me and I'll send you the stuff I already have finished. The more people that contributed, the better this thing would be for everyone.
 Darth Dex
08-21-2004, 9:09 AM
Wow, I like it!
 FiEND_138
08-21-2004, 9:16 AM
<---- Really likes too. Especially the Revan gear. Very cool way of doing it.
 PrtyLizardJedi
08-21-2004, 11:13 AM
A STORMTROOPER!!!! GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!!!!!!!!
 Glamador
08-21-2004, 11:55 AM
this is a great idea...i think its really nasty to post ur really cool work and then blatently say that u dont think ur gonna release it...that's just teasing ppl with something they will never have and will just get u alot of annoying PMs...its better to just release something and save urself...that's one sweet mod u got cookin' there]
 bneezy
08-21-2004, 2:39 PM
If anyone is interested in doing something like this, PM me and I'll send you the stuff I already have finished. The more people that contributed, the better this thing would be for everyone.
I'd like to get other people who are interested in this involved. I know a lot of you have great mods out already. I would need help with scripting these into the game (creatively) and coming up with a good story. Not to mention making a store or just adding dialog options for a merchant. Maybe he sells some "special stuff" you need a passowrd for or something. If anyone is really good at recoloring icons, please let me know. That would just make things look more authentic.
 Colma Adawin
08-21-2004, 2:43 PM
DUDE!!! YOU MUST RELEASE THESE!!!!! :D:D:D I LOVE THE IDEA AND THE MODS!!!!

[Force Persuade] Release the Mods, if not send them to me and i'll release them :D:D:D

MattCole
 Cerasumat
08-21-2004, 3:08 PM
Sounds a bit like my crappy Special Forces mod, i like it :D good luck with your mod.
 bneezy
08-21-2004, 3:11 PM
Whoa....we've got legal issues again. But seriously, I got the idea for the unused feat requirement from that thread. Thank you.
 Cerasumat
08-21-2004, 3:18 PM
Whoa....we've got legal issues again. But seriously, I got the idea for the unused feat requirement from that thread. Thank you.

Owh calm down, that wasnt meant as bad as you thought. Perhaps i should have not mentioned it, no hard feelings? :(

Although i did wonder if perhaps the feat requirement thingy inspired you :D
 shaggy_2000
08-21-2004, 3:18 PM
very cool I knew we could count on more great things from you can't wait to see it
 bneezy
08-21-2004, 3:32 PM
Owh calm down, that wasnt meant as bad as you thought. Perhaps i should have not mentioned it, no hard feelings?
Take it sleazy, I was just kidding. I was inspired by that. I didn't know of the unuesed feats as requirements until I read your post. Very nice!
 Cerasumat
08-21-2004, 3:39 PM
Take it sleazy, I was just kidding. I was inspired by that. I didn't know of the unuesed feats as requirements until I read your post. Very nice!

Pheww, owh ok, didnt want people to think im some arrogant jerk who claims a trick or method as HIS work. :D

PS: next time put a smiley behind a joke so i understand it :p
 bneezy
08-21-2004, 3:57 PM
I loathe smileys.
 shosey
08-21-2004, 5:12 PM
I love the mask idea. I need to try the model importing stuff. I want some cool new stuff in my game.
 bneezy
08-21-2004, 6:41 PM
As long as you can get everyting you need, you can do it. Follow Cchargin's tutorial closely. It is all you need.
 maddogsz
08-21-2004, 9:05 PM
omg i would love this plzs upload it plzs i want a brown rob for light :) i would love it make it the aultiment rob you can get and you get it on the star forg (you know were you get the starforg robs ) it would rock rock rock :)
 bneezy
08-21-2004, 9:24 PM
EDIT: Sorry, the link to the site had to be taken down because the site was taken down.
 shosey
08-21-2004, 9:40 PM
how come you don't plan on being around much longer?
 FiEND_138
08-21-2004, 9:46 PM
Thanx for sharin. :) Bummer to see ya go.
 shaggy_2000
08-21-2004, 10:52 PM
I think he's worried about getting banned but h'es not going to get banned. bneezy you should put that on pc game mods asap
 bneezy
08-21-2004, 11:20 PM
I'm not worried about that.

Originally posted by Darth333
I will not give you any legal advice (weekend is too short and I don't get paid) but I will give you a moderator advice: get back on topic. Legality of mods has been discussed in the past, just use the search function on thi forum.
Concerning the policy of this forum, Prime already gave you the guidelines in this very same thread.

Other thing: I will ask you to stop attacking other modders in this forum through semi-hidden meanings (anyone who reads this thread can understand what I mean). Respect is a primary rule on this forum. Everyone has the right to disagree with an opinion and nothing justifies to constantly mock someone.

This is a warning.

That, I'm worried about. Getting PM'd warnings about defending yourself against unfounded and ignorant claims. Because referring to yourself by insults against you is wrong, because it's disrespectul to THEM. If attacking other modders and posting unnecessary smart ass remarks was really a problem, it would have stopped at the source. But appearantly it's only rude for certain people. If I prefer to use "semi-hidden meanings " instead of clogging up the boards with ignorant comments and being blatantly obnoxious, I apologize. The fact that you can be banned or "warned" selectively is pathetic in its own right.
 Frinklin
08-21-2004, 11:43 PM
Damn... it seems to be down already. Too slow i guess..

Still, looks very cool
 shaggy_2000
08-21-2004, 11:49 PM
oh my bad
 HardcoreGarrett
09-20-2004, 6:16 PM
Cool mods will thay ever be release or re-released?
 bneezy
09-20-2004, 6:24 PM
I haven't worked on that for a while. I'll look into doing it again.
 Sgt. Strike
09-20-2004, 8:49 PM
I tell ya what, I would like to see something that is not dependent on what your character is, but rather if they have the skill, or feat, to use it. Or even a couple of feats, and skills to use. Like, say you have heavy armor, and implant level 2, or something like that, then go from there. It would make using a scout or scoundrel finding the armour, and everything else alot easier. But that's my opinion.
 KnightFxr
09-20-2004, 8:51 PM
bneezy, if you need any help with this, I'm more than willing... people seem to be really into it (or at least they were a month ago), and it sounds like a really interesting idea... i have some experience with scripting, so i can help there... i'm also a writer, so i can help with story/dialogue if you need that. basically, if you're serious about working on this again, and need some help, let me know! :D

P.S. I don't like PMing people right off the bat. Just a personal thing. But if you want, you can respond to this via PM.
 Mav
09-20-2004, 9:33 PM
I'm just curious as to where the stormtrooper in the screenshots came from?????
 Xavier2
09-20-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by maverick187
I'm just curious as to where the stormtrooper in the screenshots came from?????
Me too!!!They look awesome.

Xavier2
 bneezy
09-21-2004, 4:34 AM
The Stormtrooper helmet is HapSlash's "Improved Stormtrooper Model" MOD for Jedi Academy. I was just seeing if it would import into KotOR. Hap let's people use his mods, but the skin is a recolored version of the JA texture, so it couldn't be released for KotOR. The model is his original creation, though. The armor is DarthToMeR's Clone Trooper armor.
 *Yoinked*
09-21-2004, 5:57 AM
I cant wait till it is out *cleans pile of drool at feet* please release it soooooon...
:heart3:
:heart3:
 Prime
09-21-2004, 7:59 AM
Hap let's people use his mods, but the skin is a recolored version of the JA texture, so it couldn't be released for KotOR. However, IIRC the original JA skin was only used as a base, and Hap's skin was heavily modified (but still a stormtrooper, obviously). This might make things a bit better off in the "legal" sense.

Another possibility is that you import the model itself for KOTOR (which you have already done), and have a skinner, possibly myself, create a custom skin for it. This would eliminate the problem of having any JA assets in KOTOR.

Thoughts?
 bneezy
09-21-2004, 5:47 PM
Absolutely. That would be awesome. We already have Hap's blessing (you can read it on his message boards and in his readme's.) If you want me to send you the files, PM me. If this comes out half as good as the movie robes, I'll be happy.

Update: The link to download the files in the above post no longer works.
 Prime
09-23-2004, 7:36 AM
Yeah, I'd like to take a stab at them. I'm not sure how great they'll turn out, but I'll see what I can come up with. PM on the way...
 Jatku
09-23-2004, 10:54 AM
You can download them here (http://www.angelfire.com/creep/bneezy/).
Is their any chance you could offer up the files for download again? I missed the chance to get them when you originally posted the link. Or, have you resumed work on the mod?

It's a great idea, and I have to agree that it is "The way it should have been". ;)
 FunSolo
09-23-2004, 11:38 AM
damnit, give us the stormtrooper skin :D

[force persuade]you want to give us all the skins you got, and you dont want to waste extra time in writing more details[/off]

or else... [force choke]

:D
 MTV2
09-23-2004, 7:29 PM
EDIT: Sorry, the link to the site had to be taken down because the site was taken down.
Is it going to be available somewhere else? I want to see these.
 bneezy
09-23-2004, 8:05 PM
Our very own Prime is working on creating an original texture for the helmet model (which was HapSlash's original creation.) It could be released after that. There is already an icon (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/storm_helmet_icon.jpg) for it and has already been scaled down (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/storm_fit.jpg) to fit the heads in KotOR. Jedi Academy heads and models are a LOT bigger (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/original_boba.jpg) compared to one scaled down to fit (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/new_boba.jpg) KotOR Models. The armor you see is the Default (white) variant of Darth ToMeR's "Clonetrooper Armor".

Original Helmet Model: HapSlash
Reworked Helmet Texture: HapSlash
Clone trooper Armor Texture: Darth ToMeR
Icon: bneezy
Boba Fett Armor: Orsan
Boba Fett Helmet Model and Texture: Jedi Academy
 FunSolo
09-24-2004, 3:57 AM
damn, i would like to use them for the npc troopers :D

and bobaґs outfit for calo nord..

.oO( but finally... i m a totaly n00b in modding who cant even understand the tools with the tutorials :headbump )
 Xavier2
09-24-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Prime
Yeah, I'd like to take a stab at them. I'm not sure how great they'll turn out, but I'll see what I can come up with. PM on the way...
Yahooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 bneezy
09-24-2004, 2:39 PM
Originally posted by Xavier2 Yahooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes. My thoughts exactly.
 Jatku
09-24-2004, 9:43 PM
What about the Mandalorian armor/helmet and Revan's robe/mask?
Page: 1 of 2