Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bug at Yavin IV (possible spoilers)

Page: 1 of 1
 Xavier
08-19-2004, 6:56 PM
I,m playng Kotor in two diferent games, one with a light side hero and the other with a dark one. After competing the missions in Dantooine, I went:

1 - To Kashyyyk, with the Light side Jedi, where i haven,t met with Calo Nord yet;
2 - To Korriban, with the Dark side Jedi, where i just have finished Calo Nord off.

It just happens so that from that point on i can go with my Dark Jedi to Yavin and meet with Suvam Tam, but when i go with my Light Jedi, the screen blacks out and the game goes directly to the Pazzak dialog with Suvam, where i can play with him but not to get out or get in his room. I can,t even see anything. Anibody knows about this?

Would it be the mods i have installed? I have the following mods:

1 - Exar Kun tomb MOD, that is working just fine with both Jedi;
2 - JediPrestigeRobes MOD, with the Jedi Robes from the movies. In this case the Light Jedi has bought them from Crassus Yurtal in Dantooine, and the Dark Jedi has spawned them with the cheats code;
3 - Kel Fisto,s Lightsaber MOD, that is supposed to apear in Mannan, the Rakert Riff instalation, where i haven,t been yet.

Could anyone help me figure it out?

Achilles
08-19-2004, 7:38 PM
Originally posted by Xavier
but when i go with my Light Jedi, the screen blacks out and the game goes directly to the Pazzak dialog with Suvam, where i can play with him but not to get out or get in his room. I can,t even see anything. Anibody knows about this?

I'm not sure why it's happening in one game but not the other, but this happened to me all the time before they released the 1.03 patch. Make sure that your game is updated and try again. If that doesn't fix it, then it could be a corrupted save game.

I hope that helps.
 Xavier
08-19-2004, 9:47 PM
[i]
It just happens so that from that point on i can go with my Dark Jedi to Yavin and meet with Suvam Tam, but when i go with my Light Jedi, the screen blacks out and the game goes directly to the Pazzak dialog with Suvam, where i can play with him but not to get out or get in his room. I can,t even see anything. Anibody knows about this?

Would it be the mods i have installed? I have the following mods:

1 - Exar Kun tomb MOD, that is working just fine with both Jedi;
2 - JediPrestigeRobes MOD, with the Jedi Robes from the movies. In this case the Light Jedi has bought them from Crassus Yurtal in Dantooine, and the Dark Jedi has spawned them with the cheats code;
3 - Kel Fisto,s Lightsaber MOD, that is supposed to apear in Mannan, the Rakert Riff instalation, where i haven,t been yet.:fett: [/B]

I already have that patch. I forget to tell about another MOD, the Calo Nord desert camo reskin by Doom_Dealer. Could it be because i haven't faced him with the Light side hero?

Any bug reports from any of these MODs?
 Achilles
08-19-2004, 11:00 PM
I already have that patch. I forget to tell about another MOD, the Calo Nord desert camo reskin by Doom_Dealer. Could it be because i haven't faced him with the Light side hero?

Any bug reports from any of these MODs?

Best bet would be to use the search function to find out. If nothing turns up, you may want to try some good old fashioned troubleshooting.

Pick the mod that you think might be the most likely to cause the problem (you can eliminate the Jedi robes and the new Calo Nord...they're just reskins), then remove it and try to play again from your last save point. When it works, you can guess with some degree of certainty that the last mod that you removed was the source of the problem.

The bad news in this scenario is that if it were one of the mods, both games would be hosed. Since just one is giving you problems, I'm going to guess that it's a corrupted save game.

...but feel free to try troubleshooting the mods if you think it's one of them.

Let us know what you find! :D
 Xavier
08-19-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Achilles
Best bet would be to use the search function to find out. If nothing turns up, you may want to try some good old fashioned troubleshooting.

Pick the mod that you think might be the most likely to cause the problem (you can eliminate the Jedi robes and the new Calo Nord...they're just reskins), then remove it and try to play again from your last save point. When it works, you can guess with some degree of certainty that the last mod that you removed was the source of the problem.

The bad news in this scenario is that if it were one of the mods, both games would be hosed. Since just one is giving you problems, I'm going to guess that it's a corrupted save game.

...but feel free to try troubleshooting the mods if you think it's one of them.

Let us know what you find! :D

Man

The weirdest thing happened. I deleted all the MODs and replaced all files in actual Overrride folder for backup ones i've made, before starting with the MOD thing, and...well the problem persisted and the Jedi Movie Style Robes at Cratis Yurtal in Dantooine were still there, altough without the movie skins and the custom portraits made for them.

What a hell, how is this possible if i replaced all the files in Overrride with my backup. Even if the JediPrestigeRobes MOD could be able to alter lines from other files in Overrride, it certanly wouldn't be possible to alter my backup ones.

Any other advice or sugestion?
 Achilles
08-20-2004, 12:02 AM
I deleted all the MODs and replaced all files in actual Overrride folder for backup ones i've made, before starting with the MOD thing
Huh?

You deleted all the mod files and then replaced them and now the skins don't work?

Could you try that one again?
 stingerhs
08-20-2004, 12:03 AM
Man

The weirdest thing happened. I deleted all the MODs and replaced all files in actual Overrride folder for backup ones i've made, before starting with the MOD thing, and...well the problem persisted and the Jedi Movie Style Robes at Cratis Yurtal in Dantooine were still there, altough without the movie skins and the custom portraits made for them.

What a hell, how is this possible if i replaced all the files in Overrride with my backup. Even if the JediPrestigeRobes MOD could be able to alter lines from other files in Overrride, it certanly wouldn't be possible to alter my backup ones.

Any other advice or sugestion?

i'm with achillies on this one. sounds like your save game is corrupted. as far as the movie robes not loading right, it could be that the save game is looking for and NOT finding something. you might want to try re-dl the mod and extract it to your override just in case something got left out. same thing happened to me once. if that doesn't work, you may need to talk to someone with more exp, or just start a new game. new games usually fix most problems, you just have to do certain things all over again. oh well, thats as much as i can offer. the best of luck to ya.
 Achilles
08-20-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by stingerhs
i'm with achillies on this one. sounds like your save game is corrupted. as far as the movie robes not loading right, it could be that the save game is looking for and NOT finding something. you might want to try re-dl the mod and extract it to your override just in case something got left out. same thing happened to me once. if that doesn't work, you may need to talk to someone with more exp, or just start a new game. new games usually fix most problems, you just have to do certain things all over again. oh well, thats as much as i can offer. the best of luck to ya.
Oh, I get it now...

Xavier,

You went to the merchant then exited the game, deleted the mod, restarted the game and he still had the item but without the skins or icons?

That's cuz the save game still showed the items as being in his inventory.

You'll have to go back to an earlier save point or start a new game to remove the items completely.

Sorry I missed that one :(
 Xavier
08-20-2004, 1:23 AM
Oh, I get it now...

Xavier,

You went to the merchant then exited the game, deleted the mod, restarted the game and he still had the item but without the skins or icons?

That's cuz the save game still showed the items as being in his inventory.

You'll have to go back to an earlier save point or start a new game to remove the items completely.

Sorry I missed that one :(

Achiles

Actually my problematic save game happens before i even talked with Cratis Yukal and therefore seen the Robes, i speciffically did this because the JediPrestigeClass MODDER said that it wouldn't work if i installed the MODs after talking with the merchant.

So in order to test the theories posted here i deleted the MODs. All of them! loaded the game - first mission after Dantooine in Kashyyyk - went to yavin walked that long green mile, opened the panel to Suvan's lab and...Blackout.

Enter the Pazaak line "Sorry kid it happens all the time" (a bit odd line i think):confused: as if i just had missed a Pazaak game and the other dialog options appear. In order to go on, since i'm stuck (the map screen shows me between the corridor and Suvam Lab), i have to exit the game.

Then i load from the last point- again, first mission after Dantooine in Kashyyyk - and go to Dantooine talk to Cratis yutal for the first time and his inventory still has the robes, without the reskin and without the portraits, but with the characteristics given by the MODDER such as Charisma + 2, Strength + 2, etc. I can even buy them, wear them and they alter my atributtes and all.

Don't know what's going on, but i'm guessing that, maybe i ain't supposed to go to Yavin before killing Calo Nord, and thats why the Dark Jedi character can meet with Suvam normally, or, who knows some of these MODs have some sort of MOD virus (remember the odd line above):mad:

The ghost robes also are a miystery.:confused: The only way for the engine to find their characteristics would be the correspondent files or comands happened to be in overrride. But i have transfered them all (all the MODs really) to another folder in another HD of my computer.

Any clues? :confused:
 Achilles
08-20-2004, 2:01 AM
Don't know what to tell you. The Yavin IV thing sounds like the problem I was having before installing 1.03. You say that can't be it, there fore I have nothing to offer other than "corrupted save game". Doesn't mean that I'm right, just means that I don't know what else it could be.

As for the robe, I'm willing to bet you that if you started a new game and warped to that module, the robes would no longer be there. You can't remove a mod after entering a module and expect it to disappear if you remove the mod. The save game still stores the info and won't "un-store" it.

It sounds like the best thing to do would be scrap one or both games and start over.

Sorry that I can't be more of a help.
 Xavier
08-20-2004, 2:10 AM
Don't know what to tell you. The Yavin IV thing sounds like the problem I was having before installing 1.03. You say that can't be it, there fore I have nothing to offer other than "corrupted save game". Doesn't mean that I'm right, just means that I don't know what else it could be.

As for the robe, I'm willing to bet you that if you started a new game and warped to that module, the robes would no longer be there. You can't remove a mod after entering a module and expect it to disappear if you remove the mod. The save game still stores the info and won't "un-store" it.

It sounds like the best thing to do would be scrap one or both games and start over.

Sorry that I can't be more of a help.

I see..so even though i haven't talked to the merchant the items where there in his inventory...Yeah that would explain a lot.

This bug pre patch 1.03 happened every time you went to yavin or just in your first mission after Dantooine like is happening with me?

By the way, thanks for the friendly welcome in this community and the fast repply to my questions.

I think its just great.:D
 Achilles
08-20-2004, 2:15 AM
I see..so even though i haven't talked to the merchant the items where there in his inventory...Yeah that would explain a lot.

This bug pre patch 1.03 happened every time you went to yavin or just in your first mission after Dantooine like is happening with me?

By the way, thanks for the friendly welcome in this community and the fast repply to my questions.

I think its just great.:D

Just the first visit to Yavin. It had something to do with the "comlink" dialog between your PC and Suvam. Once you clicked on the panel to open the door a special camera view is supposed to initiate. Pre 1.03 it would cause my game to black out and other weirdness. After that dialog, the door opens as normal and you have regular dialogs with Suvam.
 RedHawke
08-20-2004, 2:22 AM

Thats right Xavier everything in the whole area loads with the module, the first time. So if you land on the Yavin station and exit the Ebon Hawk the first time, and you have mods installed that affect that area, they will then appear in your save game every time you go back, even if the mods are removed from your override.

Makes testing out certain types of mods a pain too! :D
 Achilles
08-20-2004, 2:49 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Thats right Xavier everything in the whole area loads with the module, the first time. So if you land on the Yavin station and exit the Ebon Hawk the first time, and you have mods installed that affect that area, they will then appear in your save game every time you go back, even if the mods are removed from your override.

Makes testing out certain types of mods a pain too! :D

The best thing to do, in my opinion is have a save game stored very early on in the game (like right after you wake up in the apartement). Each time that you want to test something, load that game and then the warp to wherever you need to go to test out your mod (or someone else's :)).
 RedHawke
08-20-2004, 2:59 AM
The best thing to do, in my opinion is have a save game stored very early on in the game (like right after you wake up in the apartement). Each time that you want to test something, load that game and then the warp to wherever you need to go to test out your mod (or someone else's :)).

I do that as well, unless the Mod needs a certain game global variable set to a certain value to work then you will need other saves at certain major points in the game, to test out a mod, and those were the ones I was referring to. :D
 Achilles
08-20-2004, 3:46 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
I do that as well, unless the Mod needs a certain game global variable set to a certain value to work then you will need other saves at certain major points in the game, to test out a mod, and those were the ones I was referring to. :D
At the risk of going off-topic, that's what KSE is for...unless you enjoy the hard way :D:D:D
 RedHawke
08-20-2004, 4:56 AM
At the risk of going off-topic, that's what KSE is for...unless you enjoy the hard way :D:D:D

KSE is great for initial testing (IE does my stuff work?), but you should always test the mod under normal play conditions at least once. :D
 RedbeardWB
08-20-2004, 12:50 PM
I'm not sure what actually causes the Yavin blackout bug, but I had it happen before I ever installed a single mod. The good news is there's a workaround for it:

When you exit the Ebon Hawk, open the door that lets's you get back on the ship (because I have yet to successfully find the door control once the lights go out :)). Then, once the bug occurs, make your way back to the ship (use the map to see what direction you're facing). You should now be able to exit the ship again and continue as if nothing happened (well, it's worked for me so far. No guarantees though).

Hope this helps!
 Achilles
08-20-2004, 1:12 PM
Originally posted by RedbeardWB
I'm not sure what actually causes the Yavin blackout bug, but I had it happen before I ever installed a single mod. The good news is there's a workaround for it:

When you exit the Ebon Hawk, open the door that lets's you get back on the ship (because I have yet to successfully find the door control once the lights go out :)). Then, once the bug occurs, make your way back to the ship (use the map to see what direction you're facing). You should now be able to exit the ship again and continue as if nothing happened (well, it's worked for me so far. No guarantees though).

Hope this helps!
Again, this was corrected with 1.03.

RedbeardWB
08-20-2004, 2:19 PM
I read the posts saying it was corrected, but I haven't had the game that long, and I never played with anything but the latest version, yet I've still seen this bug (Xavier, in his second post, says he also has that update). For me it was on the final trip to Yavin rather than the first. Instead of the fight with the Trandoshans, I got the bug.

So I guess my points are 1) the bug can still occur after the patch (possibly corrupted save game), 2) Xavier's problem may have nothing to do with mods, and 3) whatever causes it, you can fix it and keep playing rather than giving up and starting over from the beginning (or an earlier save).

And just to make sure this post isn't taken the wrong way, let me add: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
 Achilles
08-20-2004, 2:45 PM
I never encountered the bug anywhere other than the intitial visit (when beginning the dialog that I mentioned earlier). Additionally, I never encounted the bug again once 1.03 was released and I updated my version of the game.

To address your points:

1) Yep, I think you may have seen me mention the possibility of corrupted save games once or twice :)

2) Xavier's problems most likely have absolutely nothing to do with mods, however he seems quite convinced that this is the source. Rather than argue, I have shared some basic troubleshoot skills that he can use to determine this for himself or prove me completely wrong. Either way, we are likely to get something more scientific than, "uh, it doesn't work".

3) Yep, you sure can, but having experienced the glitch myself, I can see why he wouldn't want to "just live with it". Since he's only experiencing the issue with one of the save games, I don't see what it will hurt to try reverting back to an earlier save and playing through again. Again, it goes back to troubleshooting.

Hopefully, I have provided a whole new list of things for you to disagree with me on. If I haven't, then perhaps we can get back to trying to help Xavier with his problem :D:D:D
 RedbeardWB
08-20-2004, 3:26 PM
1) Yep, I think you may have seen me mention the possibility of corrupted save games once or twice :)

Exactly. And since save corruptions seem to occur quite frequently (relatively speaking) in this game, it seems likely that's what caused Xavier's (and my) problems.

2) Xavier's problems most likely have absolutely nothing to do with mods, however he seems quite convinced that this is the source. Rather than argue, I have shared some basic troubleshoot skills that he can use to determine this for himself or prove me completely wrong. Either way, we are likely to get something more scientific than, "uh, it doesn't work".

I was merely adding my 2 cents (2.5928 cents Canadian) and agreeing with you that it seems more likely that it's not the mods causing the bug.

3) Yep, you sure can, but having experienced the glitch myself, I can see why he wouldn't want to "just live with it". Since he's only experiencing the issue with one of the save games, I don't see what it will hurt to try reverting back to an earlier save and playing through again. Again, it goes back to troubleshooting.

But since it's likely a problem which isn't preventable (corrupted save), I thought he, and anyone else who might encounter this issue, should be aware that if they don't want to go back to an earlier save, or start the game over completely, you don't have to lose hours of time and effort spent on your current game.

Hopefully, I have provided a whole new list of things for you to disagree with me on.

Umm, let's see... you ended that sentence with a preposition...;)

If I haven't, then perhaps we can get back to trying to help Xavier with his problem :D:D:D

By all means...

:D :D :D :D

By the way, thank you for all of your contributions to this community. I've been reading a couple of your tutorials in between posts. :)
 Achilles
08-20-2004, 3:52 PM
Umm, let's see... you ended that sentence with a preposition...;)

And it killed me to do it. Too lazy to come correct though :D

By the way, thank you for all of your contributions to this community. I've been reading a couple of your tutorials in between posts. :)

Thanks for the acknowledgement. It's great to hear that those documents are providing some benefit to the members of this forum :bounce1:
 Xavier
08-20-2004, 7:11 PM
I2) Xavier's problems most likely have absolutely nothing to do with mods, however he seems quite convinced that this is the source. Rather than argue, I have shared some basic troubleshoot skills that he can use to determine this for himself or prove me completely wrong. Either way, we are likely to get something more scientific than, "uh, it doesn't work".

3) Yep, you sure can, but having experienced the glitch myself, I can see why he wouldn't want to "just live with it". Since he's only experiencing the issue with one of the save games, I don't see what it will hurt to try reverting back to an earlier save and playing through again. Again, it goes back to troubleshooting.:D:D:D

Hello there

I decided i'll start a new game with the Obi Wan face and the MODs in and see what happens, and following your advices to save in various points of the same game.

And for that matter i was rather curious about the problem...the only two diferences between the worging game and the non-working one are:

1 - The JediPrestigeClass Movie Style Robes, present only in the non-working game, and;
2 - Calo Nord has already been wasted in the working game.

So i figure that:

1 - either the non-working game is corrupted, as Achiles think so, or;
2 - I have to kill Calo Nord before going to Yavin IV.

I would like to know your thoghts about this before venturing forth in the Obi Wan game

1 - Beeing the problem a corrupted game, what did i do wrong? and what should i do not to reapeat the mistake:
2 - Beeing Calo Nord persistence to live the problem, should i kill him somewhere else? I've done with him lots of times but never in Kashyyyk,
 Achilles
08-20-2004, 7:16 PM
Hello there

I decided i'll start a new game with the Obi Wan face and the MODs in and see what happens, and following your advices to save in various points of the same gme

Please keep us posted re: Yavin IV. If it does turn out to be a mod, the creator will probably want to know about it :D
 Xavier
08-20-2004, 10:36 PM
Please keep us posted re: Yavin IV. If it does turn out to be a mod, the creator will probably want to know about it :D

Hi there

its not Calo Nord resistence after all i wasted the Bantha Fodder and the problem still was there. Guess i'll try the patch 1.3.

could you tell me what will happen to my MODs and save games if i install the Patch?

Will i have to start it all over again? What should i do? (as detailed as possible, cause you know...I'm Xavier not the henry McCoy...):D
 Xavier
08-20-2004, 11:11 PM

Me again

i found in the Patch 1.03 description that it fixes" an issue with Dantooine Pazaak occasionally breaking Suvam Tan on Yavin"

So if i beat that Pazaak Player in Dantooine till he doesn't have any more money, i can't access Suvam? If that is the case its just what i did in my non working game!!!:rolleyes:

Holly...
 Darth333
08-21-2004, 1:17 AM
Xavier, before discussing this anymore, DO install patch 1.03, it could solve your probelm. If this doesn't work, then we will look at the mods. But try patch 1.03: I believe your problem has nothing to do with the mods described above.

...this thread is about to be locked...
 Xavier
08-21-2004, 2:49 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
Xavier, before discussing this anymore, DO install patch 1.03, it could solve your probelm. If this doesn't work, then we will look at the mods. But try patch 1.03: I believe your problem has nothing to do with the mods described above.

...this thread is about to be locked...

I did all the new features and minor bug fixes were there but the Yavin IV problem is still there and only to this particular character.

I warped all my Playable Characters from pre-MOD games and one from post MOD (Obi Wan face) and they all work fine.

Guess i'll try to see if the problem is the Pazaak player in Dantooine. Soon as i get there'i'll let you know.
Page: 1 of 1