Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Trip mines?

Page: 1 of 1
 EvilJedi
08-19-2004, 3:21 PM
I searched a few forums for this: How do you make trip mines that are already set up. Like in t1_sour (i believe, atleast the one with chewie) the mines are already set up and have the beam. How is this done? I saw that they spawn when you walk in the doorway so..
 *Dark
08-20-2004, 5:53 AM
try a weapon_tripmine or what ever it is with angles, it is only a guess, but it might work
 EvilJedi
08-21-2004, 7:27 PM
What about dets like in T3_rift? The guy plants a few dets, and then runs back, then as soon as you walk through, bam the floor explodes..
 ninjaofthenorth
08-24-2004, 9:53 PM
I think that was just a script linked to a few sounds and a breakable brush.
 Mercenary
08-25-2004, 12:05 AM
you mean a misc_trip_mine. If you can't find something similar for the detonator you can use a misc_model_breakable with the detonator md3.
 snife
08-26-2004, 9:08 AM
you mean a misc_trip_mine. If you can't find something similar for the detonator you can use a misc_model_breakable with the detonator md3.

wha?!
i cant find any misc_trip_mine or misc_model_breakable
and btw i know 1 map that u can c that 1 guy has planted some mines but that is in SP and im mapping in MP

is it possible to make a trip mine that is allready planted in MP?
 EvilJedi
08-26-2004, 9:36 PM
thats exactly what I wanted to know. I wanted to make a maze where as soon as you walk in some places, trip mines appear behind or in front of you or whatever. Or you press a hidden button and a doorway is then mined.
 shukrallah
08-26-2004, 9:42 PM
Misc_trip_mine and Misc_model_breakable do NOT work in multiplayer mapping mode, only in Single Player mapping mode. They don't even load in MP (they just.. won't be there)
 EvilJedi
08-28-2004, 2:36 AM
That really sucks... Why is it that all the cool stuff is SP only??? It pisses me off!!!
Page: 1 of 1