Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Quake 2. Multiplayer

Page: 1 of 1
 JBRAA
08-18-2004, 2:01 PM
I've installed old Quacke 2. Do I need quakeworld or anything else to be able to get a list of servers? Cause I dont get any list. I've installed the q2-3.20-x86-full-ctf.exe patch. Know what I've missed or need to do to get it to work?
 Gabez
08-18-2004, 3:47 PM
I *think* Quake World is only for Quake 1. Try Gamespy Arcade, although that might be dodgy. I remember it working for me though.
 Huz
08-18-2004, 3:51 PM
Beats me! But QuakeWorld is definitely only for Quake 1. :-*

Try the All-Seeing Eye (http://www.udpsoft.com/eye2/index.html) - it's like Gamespy Arcade but without the nagging, or the bloatiness, or the affiliation with Fileplanet and by extension the devil.
 JBRAA
08-18-2004, 8:35 PM
All Seeing Eye worked. Just played a bit. Man, QuakeII run fast on a 1800+ spec machine.
 Twilo
08-22-2004, 9:55 AM
Quake 2 is one of those earlier fps games with no ingame server browser. v320 is the latest you can get a patch (317-320 are intercompatible though). Generally we just used Gamespy back in the dya, or stuck to the same 5 or 6 servers. (wireplay or barrysworld etc.) Curiously the MSN Gaming Zone had a good line in player-run servers, possibly still does. Quake 2's multiplayer code is a bit flaky compared to quakeworld, but these days broadband ought to make that irrelevant.

Quake 2 Threewave CTF is still the best CTF ever made, so give it a go.
Page: 1 of 1