Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Is there any way to rip all of the textures at once?

Page: 1 of 1
 hypersonic5
08-17-2004, 7:45 PM
I know KOTOR tool can extract one texture at a time by selecting the texture you want and saving it. I am wondering if there is a way to rip ALL of the textures in KOTOR at the same time. If I was to rip everything one by one, it would take me weeks to finish.

Also, I'm sorry if this question has already been asked and a solution has been found. I skimmed through a couple of the stickies but couldn't find anything. Again, I apologize in advance.
 Achilles
08-17-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by hypersonic5
I know KOTOR tool can extract one texture at a time by selecting the texture you want and saving it. I am wondering if there is a way to rip ALL of the textures in KOTOR at the same time. If I was to rip everything one by one, it would take me weeks to finish.

Also, I'm sorry if this question has already been asked and a solution has been found. I skimmed through a couple of the stickies but couldn't find anything. Again, I apologize in advance.

Hypersonic5,

Welcome to the board! I don't think that this has been requested before. As for a tool that does it, I don't believe we have one. Due to the fact that most people tend to edit only one or two skins at a time, I'd be very surprised to learn that anyone is working on one.

I'm dying to know; why do you need every texture??? :D
 hypersonic5
08-17-2004, 10:45 PM
Hey man, thanks for the reply. It's a shame there isn't a tool like that available. Oh well, I'll have to make do with what we have.

I was thinking of doing a complete overhaul of all the textures to spruce up the game a bit (in my spare time). I wanted to change the look of almost everything so it wont be such a boring experience the 15th time through. Changing the texture or color of simple things, like http://img68.exs.cx/img68/9868/greenbikes.jpg) (these bikes) can make the game a little bit fresher, I think.
 Achilles
08-17-2004, 11:10 PM
Hey man, thanks for the reply. It's a shame there isn't a tool like that available. Oh well, I'll have to make do with what we have.

I was thinking of doing a complete overhaul of all the textures to spruce up the game a bit (in my spare time). I wanted to change the look of almost everything so it wont be such a boring experience the 15th time through. Changing the texture or color of simple things, like these bikes (http://pics.apartment808.com/users/hypersonic5/greenbikes.jpg) can make the game a little bit fresher, I think.

That sounds like a very ambitious project. You may want to consider looking for gaps in projects that have already been done. For instance, finding one or two skins that haven't already been modded to death and reskinning them. Either way, I wish you the best of luck.
 hypersonic5
08-17-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Achilles
That sounds like a very ambitious project.

Not for what I was planning ;)
 Darth333
08-18-2004, 12:25 AM

Check this old dusty thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1430358#post1430358)

You can download tpc2tga in the tools and mod thread ;)

For erfedit, do a search on google.com

You can use a batch file to convert all the files to .tga format in one shot:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1430360#post1430360)
 hypersonic5
08-18-2004, 12:50 AM
Thanks Darth333, I'll look into it.
 PrtyLizardJedi
08-18-2004, 11:31 AM
I'd not do it. My computer'd lag way too much with a couple o' hundred or more tgas I think on the desktop.
It's anyway much easier taking them out ony by one.
There are some not used things, I think, and some Bioware easter eggs.
Page: 1 of 1