Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR II lightsaber Mod

Page: 1 of 1
 nacho35
08-17-2004, 1:42 PM
I read somewhere that the engine or something about KOTOR II was going to be different.

My question is, if if I have a modded lightsaber will I be able to use it in KOTOR II?

Will it be as simple to place in the game as KOTOR?

I realize that there might not be enough info yet since the game isn't out, but someone might already know.

Thanks.
 Darth Dex
08-17-2004, 1:45 PM
It's the same emgine the only diffence is the model files, so yes .tex and .uti files will still work.
 Achilles
08-17-2004, 4:30 PM
Originally posted by nacho35
I read somewhere that the engine or something about KOTOR II was going to be different.

My question is, if if I have a modded lightsaber will I be able to use it in KOTOR II?

Will it be as simple to place in the game as KOTOR?

I realize that there might not be enough info yet since the game isn't out, but someone might already know.

Thanks.

Based on what I've read and kicked around with a few others, I would have to say no.

What we know for sure is that in addition to crystal upgrades, you will also be able to upgrade the hilt as well.

What I suspect is that you won't actually find lightsabers in TSL, rather than their components. You will then have to rely on your repair skills to build your saber. Remember, Obsidian has made it clear that they want getting a saber to be tough. I think this is how they intend to do it.

If my theory is correct, many of tools that we have for modding will port nicely into TSL, but many of our mods will not.

Again, I'm guessing here, but hopefully I've helped to shed a little light on your question. :D
 nacho35
08-17-2004, 6:12 PM
Originally posted by Achillies
Based on what I've read and kicked around with a few others, I would have to say no.

If my theory is correct, many of tools that we have for modding will port nicely into TSL, but many of our mods will not.

Again, I'm guessing here, but hopefully I've helped to shed a little light on your question. :D

Thanks, That is about what I thought. I think you said somewhere that you heard that there will be more upgrade crystal slots. If that is the case, I can see where existing sabers and mods won't work without some fine tuning at least.
 Achilles
08-17-2004, 7:23 PM
Originally posted by nacho35
Thanks, That is about what I thought. I think you said somewhere that you heard that there will be more upgrade crystal slots. If that is the case, I can see where existing sabers and mods won't work without some fine tuning at least.

There will still be three crystal slots, but I imagine that the hilt components will have upgrade attributes too. Meaning there are 6 different ways to upgrade everyone's favorite flashlight.
Page: 1 of 1