Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Some new 3d Art ( added Sal )

Page: 1 of 1
 Sallim
08-16-2004, 4:20 PM
Hi guys, its me again. James is hosting some new and old pictures of my old LSA on his site.

http://dod.dotagame.com/)

Well they arent that cool, but maybe someone likes it. If anybody wants, she /he could make wallapers out of it, maybe thats an idea.

"Sal" was just added to test the bone system and how "good" it works. I think, its not so bad at all here, but it will be much harder for Tierra 3d.

You can find them here

http://dod.dotagame.com/fan_art.php)

Everybody can use them aslong somewhere is written " Sallim" or "Arthur" ;)

Thats it, let live us long and prosper in this world of Grim Fandangp =)
 Thrik
08-16-2004, 4:39 PM
Very nice, it looks great. :)

I'll be happy to include them in the GFN's fan art section if you'd like, if you want some added coverage.
 James Isaac
08-16-2004, 4:41 PM
Yeah. Sal is amazing. Did you export the model from Grim Fandango, or make it yourself? :eek:
 Sallim
08-16-2004, 5:05 PM
Didnt make it myself. I get rid of the 3do format from the demo and could export pieces out of it, so I reput the puzzle, and that was it. Textures by me and some scumm rev research.

It would be something if I could do "Sal"
But he, the "skill" is there to make a model like this. Check out Red Endion, Tierra de los Muertos =)

Sure everybody can use this, and the big GF network of course too =)
 James Isaac
09-18-2004, 10:27 PM
Sallim, how do you export the 3do files into 3D Studio Max? (if i remember correctly that's what you use). I've had a friend wanting to do that for ages.
 VampireNaomi
09-18-2004, 11:13 PM
Wow, they look really nice! *stares in awe*
 Sallim
09-19-2004, 12:01 AM
Oh Sorry James, I dint saw your question, sorry.

There are some tools like 3d object converter, and jedi knight 3do viewer. And the only models you can try to export are the one in the demo, and these are in pieces ^_^

You have to convert the files into a fromat 3dsmax can import ( you have try out the best way for yourself, because somethimes it works and somethimes not -_- )

And yes Iam using 3dsmax r4, so there is maybe a better import possibility in r5 or r6.

The next thing I would try out to do would be the "Calavera Cafй, I even startet ( and finished, just this! ) the entrance where lupe is in, with the unreal 2003 editor. But its just an engine and cant compete with a real rendering software. So this would be my nextstep, if I would got time.

For other big dreams checkout Nightlight 3d project! ;)

Thanks Naomi.
Page: 1 of 1