Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

help please

Page: 1 of 1
 bael1
08-12-2004, 7:00 AM
ok im doin this tutorial:

http://richdiesal.jedioutcastmaps.com/tutorials/gc101lsn6.html)

an he told me 2 make a spotlight, an these are the instructions he gave to do it:

To create a spotlight:
1) Add an info_null entity for the light to point at.
2) Add a new Light entity to be your spotlight's source
3) Deselect (ESC) everything
4) Shift-Click the Light and then Shift-Click the info_null entity
5) Press Ctrl-K to target the Light at the info_null

now i did all of this and nothing changed at all, and on his pic, lines showed that linked the info_null and the light but on mine nothing happened and wen i tried it in game it was still same as normal lights rather than spotlights.

help please,
thankyou
 Codja X
08-12-2004, 9:05 AM
shift-clicking stuff selects them, so:

select the light first, then select the info_null and THEN press ctrl and k. If that doesn't work then try this:

select the light and press "n". This should bring up the entity window.

At the bottom of the box, you'll have 2 boxes - key and value.

In the key box type in:

target

and in the value box type in anything you want, but for now lets call it:

t1

Press the enter key, and press okay.

Select the info_null, press n, click on the key box and type:

targetname

with the value:

t1

Basically if you want an item to become targeted, add the value targetname (npctargetname for npc's) and to target an object, use target.

Hope this helps.
 bael1
08-12-2004, 11:11 AM
thanx, i now cant put my own textures into it, i dont know why tho, i did it same way as i do my shaders for skins, cept i put pic in textures/bespin instead of models/players/etc, an set set shader 2 lightmap, an read the pic tht i put in2 bespin, but it still wont open that 1 pic, any ideas?
 bael1
08-14-2004, 8:21 PM
okay im stuck on something else aswell now,
i made a pk3 of the practice map i made, and everything works fine, its a duel map, i did the scripts and levelshots, an it appears in menu and everything, but when i start the game both people spawn at the same place even tho i put 2 spawning spots, so one person get crushed an then there duel is over and this just keeps repeating.
which of the 'info_player_' do i use, cus i tried usin,

2 'info_player_start'
2 'info_player_deathmatch'
2 'info_player_duel'
1 'info_player_duel1' and 1 'info_player_duel2'

i also want 2 know how to assign triggers to other triggers,
i thought it would just be same as it is for doors, eg trigger_multiple -------> func_door,
i want to do trigger_multiple-------->trigger_hurt,
but even tho it says they are targetted at each other when i press N on em, when i press the switch it doesnt work, what i did was put a trigger hurt in a room, then made a secret room with the switch in it, so wen i press it, who ever is in the other room dies,i also made sure it sed, dmg/-1 in the trigger_hurt so they die, but its not workin,

please help,
thanx
 shukrallah
08-14-2004, 10:13 PM
(npctargetname for npc's)

NPC_targetname ;)

okay im stuck on something else aswell now,
i made a pk3 of the practice map i made, and everything works fine, its a duel map, i did the scripts and levelshots, an it appears in menu and everything, but when i start the game both people spawn at the same place even tho i put 2 spawning spots, so one person get crushed an then there duel is over and this just keeps repeating.
which of the 'info_player_' do i use, cus i tried usin,

It seems ok, but it could be the way you put them, and where you put them might make a difference...

i also want 2 know how to assign triggers to other triggers,
i thought it would just be same as it is for doors, eg trigger_multiple -------> func_door,
i want to do trigger_multiple-------->trigger_hurt,
but even tho it says they are targetted at each other when i press N on em, when i press the switch it doesnt work, what i did was put a trigger hurt in a room, then made a secret room with the switch in it, so wen i press it, who ever is in the other room dies,i also made sure it sed, dmg/-1 in the trigger_hurt so they die, but its not workin,

Make a script. Do this:

Make a trigger_multiple. Add in a target_scriptrunner. Highlight the trigger first, then the scriptrunner, then connect them. In the scriptrunner type in:

Usescript
your_map/your_script

For the trigger_multiple, make sure you type in

wait

(that makes it so you have to wait 5 seconds between using the trigger)

Make a Trigger_hurt in the room you want the dude to die in.

Type in

targetname
whatever_you_want

Now, its time to make the actual script: Load BehavEd, and add the Use command. Type your targetname in there.

It should look like this:

//(BHVD)
use ( "whatever_you_called_the_trigger_hurt" );

Save, and compile the script in

scripts/your_map/your_script

And that should do it.
 bael1
08-15-2004, 12:37 AM
ok i did everything you said, i think, and it still isnt working,
i took scrennshots of all three entities, the icarus script in behaved and also my scripts/mymap folder, so u can check 2 see what's wrong, thanx for the help, and hopefully you can help me again, cus i have no idea what i just did lol, i just did what you said, heres the link 2 the screen.

http://photos.bravenet.com/173/928/077/0/600C8B6F4E.jpg)

if that 1 doesn't work try this 1, then 'view full size'

http://pub21.bravenet.com/photocenter/album.php?img=46901&usernum=1739280770)

i also tried using it with 'runonactivator' switched on, on the 'target_scriptrunner', but that doesn't work either :(
 bael1
08-16-2004, 6:41 AM
cummon guys, i really need to know how to do this, v'e trie allsorts, but no luck, i don't know if this would work but i don't know how to do it, so maybe you guys could tell me, right is there away to make a script run from beginning of game? if so i thought that i coule use a script to run a de-activation switch in-game, so that instead of using the 'start-off' on the 'trigger_hurt', it will be deactivated by the switch rather than the funtion in the entity, then usin another 'trigger_multiple' to stop the script running.

iv'e tried this by just putting a target_scriptrunner without it been linked to anything, but this didnt work, and when i made a switch to deactivate the script, that didn't work either, iv'e also tried it using 'target_deactivates' and 'target activates', this didnt work either,
i'd really appreciate any help,
thankyou

PS. please add me to MSN if you have it, so it will be easier for me to get help, bael_2@msn.com , thanks again
 SMoKE
08-16-2004, 7:01 AM
You can forget that script-thing... All you need to do is this:
Be sure to have a trigger_multiple and a trigger_hurt.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trigger_multiple:
Key: Wait
Value: 5

Key: target
Value: kill

Check the 'use_button' checkbox.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trigger_hurt:
Key:dmg
Value: 1000 (Not -1, that causes the falling-to-death-effect.)

Key: targetname
Value: kill

Check the 'start_off', the 'no_protection' and the 'can_target' checkbox.

This should do it:)
 bael1
08-16-2004, 7:16 AM
thanks alot man, i can't believe all i had to do from the very first thing i tried was check 2 more boxes on the trigger_hurt,
thanx again
 SMoKE
08-16-2004, 7:18 AM
No probz:)
 bael1
08-16-2004, 1:24 PM
okay im stuck again lol
i want to add music to my map, i searched and found this 1
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100443&highlight=putting+music)
but i did everything in there exactly as it says includind the svpure 0 bit, but i still get this error,

Unable to find music "" as explicit track or dynamic music entry!

whats it mean, i told the worldspawn where to look, i did

key-music
value-watermap/music.mp3

also......... i may have got the trigger_hurt to work with a switch, but, it's on a duel map, so when i use it in game, i get the kill for that 1, but then for the next battle, the trigger_hurt stays on from the previous battle, so i just die where i stand, is the away, to make the trigger_hurt, like only work if i hold the trigger_multiple or sumthin, so that it will be off again as soon as no-one is pressing the switch?

thanks again
 bael1
08-16-2004, 2:48 PM
okay i got the music figured,i've got it workin now, but now i have another problem lol, right i made my botfile, and i have secret rooms allover the place where u have 2 puch a invisible switch 2 get in2 it, but when the bots walk past the switch they press it, so the door opens and its, well, its no longer a secret room lol, cause the stupid bots keep openin it, is there away to make it only usable by people an not bots, i tried tickng "clientonly" but they can still open it, so i'm guessin that that's just for stoppin NPC's from using it,
help please,
thanx
 bael1
08-16-2004, 11:19 PM
sorry guys just doin this post to bump this subject up the list, i really need help lol,
thanx
 bael1
08-17-2004, 3:32 PM
yooooooo help me........... please:D
 zag
08-17-2004, 4:19 PM
if you look for the bot waypoint tutorial i think you will find some way to stop the bot ever going near it in the first place
 bael1
08-17-2004, 8:23 PM
okay then i guess i'll just not let the bots nt go near the switches if there is no other solution, any1 got any ideas on how to fix the trigger_hurt problem?

I also have 2 more questions,

1, how do i do lights like this, that have like light beams cummin out of them,
http://pub21.bravenet.com/photocenter/album.php?img=47000&usernum=1739280770)

2, also ever since i installed GTK some lights on some levels have been messed up, is there away to fix this?
http://pub21.bravenet.com/photocenter/album.php?img=47001&usernum=1739280770)
http://pub21.bravenet.com/photocenter/album.php?img=47002&usernum=1739280770)

thanx in advance for any help:)
Page: 1 of 1