Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How to make a Misc_Model dissapear?

Page: 1 of 1
 IG-64
08-10-2004, 10:19 PM
I need to be able to make a misc_model dissapear when you press use, and reappear when you press use again. It's a model small enough not to have any clipping, I am familiar on how to script and how to set up triggers. If someone knows how to set this up can you please tell me?
 Lil Killa
08-10-2004, 10:35 PM
I think you can amke an origin brush and tunr it into a func_static and define a model for it. Since a func_static is able to be triggered on and off it should work but I've never tried it.
 wedge2211
08-10-2004, 11:09 PM
Make some invisible brushes out of caulk or clip or something, (it may be useful to clip the model with these) and turn them into a func_usable. Then target the misc_model at the func_usable. Set appropriate flags on the usable, connect it to a trigger, etc.
 IG-64
08-11-2004, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by wedge2211
Make some invisible brushes out of caulk or clip or something, (it may be useful to clip the model with these) and turn them into a func_usable. Then target the misc_model at the func_usable. Set appropriate flags on the usable, connect it to a trigger, etc.

Hey, thx, i'll try that.

[EDIT] Sweet, it worked :thumbsup: thanks!
Page: 1 of 1