Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mod combining

Page: 1 of 1
 nacho35
08-10-2004, 6:15 PM
Is there theoretically an unlimited # of Appearance , heads, portrait 2DAs you can combine.

The only thing I see is that you have to edit the .utc files in order to have the right line # referenced.

I have done it for 2 mods, but now I want to use more.

I am still in my"BETA" phase because I can't seem to finish a game anymore.

Something new always pops up to make me start a new game.
 Darth Dex
08-10-2004, 6:18 PM
I'm not sure what you mean?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: Please be a little clearer.
 Achilles
08-10-2004, 6:21 PM
Originally posted by nacho35
Is there theoretically an unlimited # of Appearance , heads, portrait 2DAs you can combine.

The only thing I see is that you have to edit the .utc files in order to have the right line # referenced.

I have done it for 2 mods, but now I want to use more.

I am still in my"BETA" phase because I can't seem to finish a game anymore.

Something new always pops up to make me start a new game.

I'm not sure if there is a line number limit on 2da files. A couple of modders are currently working on tools that will help reduce mod conflicts.

Cchargin has created a tool that will allow you to "hot swap" mods so that you don't have to go in and delete a bunch of files from your Override each time that you want to try something new.

Additionally Immortality and someone named Theo are working on something to help combine files when mods conflict (at least that's my understanding of the tool)

I hope that helps
 nacho35
08-10-2004, 6:25 PM
Lets say I want to combine redHawke's recruit, 2 separate reskins, and Achillie's Mendah mod. They all have appearance 2DA files right?

I may already have my own 2DA file that I want to incorporate their files into. However, in some of their .utc files one of the 1st lines up top will be a reference line to what line in the appearance 2DA it is referencing.

What I want to know is if I combine all the extra lines in others' 2DA files into my own 2DA file, will the only thing I need to edit in the .utc file be that reference line?
 Achilles
08-10-2004, 6:27 PM
Lets say I want to combine redHawke's recruit, 2 separate reskins, and Achillie's Mendah mod. They all have appearance 2DA files right?

I may already have my own 2DA file that I want to incorporate their files into. However, in some of their .utc files one of the 1st lines up top will be a reference line to what line in the appearance 2DA it is referencing.

What I want to know is if I combine all the extra lines in others' 2DA files into my own 2DA file, will the only thing I need to edit in the .utc file be that reference line?

Should be about right. Reskins may only require a change to TextureVar, but could require both.
 nacho35
08-10-2004, 6:29 PM
Originally posted by Achillies
Cchargin has created a tool that will allow you to "hot swap" mods so that you don't have to go in and delete a bunch of files from your Override each time that you want to try something new.

I tried Cchargin's tool and I couldn't get it to work or I could not simply figure it out. (same end result anyway)

I have pretty much figured out the 2DA files and have some limited knowledge on .utc files.

I was just worried that there might be some other line/lines I might have to change in the .utc files to get the mods to work properly.

I am about 85% sure there isn't, but I wanted to check with you guys.
 Darth333
08-10-2004, 6:35 PM

You will have to edit the Appearance_Type and PortraitID fields in the .utc file.
 Achilles
08-10-2004, 6:41 PM
I tried Cchargin's tool and I couldn't get it to work or I could not simply figure it out. (same end result anyway)

I have pretty much figured out the 2DA files and have some limited knowledge on .utc files.

I was just worried that there might be some other line/lines I might have to change in the .utc files to get the mods to work properly.

I am about 85% sure there isn't, but I wanted to check with you guys.

Correction to what I said earlier: if you have a reskin that goes with a new NPC, you'd reference the texture in the Appearance file, not the .utc. Sorry about that :rolleyes:
 nacho35
08-10-2004, 9:25 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
You will have to edit the Appearance_Type and PortraitID fields in the .utc file.

Thanks Darth and Achillies. I got it. Just wanted to get all my facts straight before I start. (in case something unforseen happens!)
Page: 1 of 1