Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need Help Editing apperance.2da

Page: 1 of 1
 jstintime469
08-10-2004, 5:43 PM
When I am trying to edit the appearance.2da file--as in copy a row from one to another so that I don't have conflicting mods, I find that when I copy the line it won'tlet me paste the whole thing into the other open appearance.2da window. It always either tries to copy the whole row into one box or it doesn't give me the "insert copied row" message. If anyone knows of a way to fix this without having to type out the whole row manually I would be appreciative and eternally greatful.

:p Cheers!
 Achilles
08-10-2004, 5:50 PM
Originally posted by jstintime469
When I am trying to edit the appearance.2da file--as in copy a row from one to another so that I don't have conflicting mods, I find that when I copy the line it won'tlet me paste the whole thing into the other open appearance.2da window. It always either tries to copy the whole row into one box or it doesn't give me the "insert copied row" message. If anyone knows of a way to fix this without having to type out the whole row manually I would be appreciative and eternally greatful.

:p Cheers!

To the best of my knowledge, you cannot copy from one 2da file and paste into another. Maybe Fred can add that functionality to a future release of KT.
 nacho35
08-10-2004, 6:07 PM
Originally posted by Achillies
To the best of my knowledge, you cannot copy from one 2da file and paste into another. Maybe Fred can add that functionality to a future release of KT.

Yeah, that sucks. I had to copy 5 rows of RedHawkes mod into my 2DA.

On the good side, Copy a row within the same 2DA to the bottom. Then replicate that row for how ever many rows you are trying to paste in from the other opened 2DA file.

Then just change what fields that need changing. You will find that many of the fields will be the same no matter what you are trying to do.

Most people know what I am talking about, but I may not have done the best job explaining it. Achillies and T7 helped me on this a while ago. If you PM me, I can go into more detail.
 Darth333
08-10-2004, 6:09 PM
In fact you cannot copy an entire row and paste it into another file but you can copy and paste square by square.
 Achilles
08-10-2004, 6:17 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
In fact you cannot copy an entire row and paste it into another file but you can copy and paste square by square.

Good to know!! Thanks.
 nacho35
08-10-2004, 6:19 PM
Originally posted by Darth333

...But you can copy an entire row from the same 2DA and just change the fields that need to be altered. That way you greatly reduce your time.
 Achilles
08-10-2004, 6:23 PM
Originally posted by nacho35
...But you can copy an entire row from the same 2DA and just change the fields that need to be altered. That way you greatly reduce your time.

That's true but as I understood it, he was asking about 2 different instances of the same 2da. In that case, this wouldn't apply.
 Darth333
08-10-2004, 6:31 PM
Originally posted by Achillies
That's true but as I understood it, he was asking about 2 different instances of the same 2da. In that case, this wouldn't apply.
That is what I understood too... and my post was about transfering info from one file to another. If it is within the same file, then you can copy and paste the entire row.
Page: 1 of 1