Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Uh help? on utc files...

Page: 1 of 1
 Fizz
08-10-2004, 5:08 PM
I'm starting to be annoying i guess, but please help me, i kinda don't have much time to look at the forums, but i want to know where the .utc files are..

thanks in advance for telling me, and i promise thats the last of my annoyance... i hope :p
 Achilles
08-10-2004, 5:27 PM
Originally posted by Fizz
I'm starting to be annoying i guess, but please help me, i kinda don't have much time to look at the forums, but i want to know where the .utc files are..

thanks in advance for telling me, and i promise thats the last of my annoyance... i hope :p

That depends on which character you're looking for, and to a small degree, why you're looking for them.

Almost all of your party NPC have more than 1 (Bastila has like half a million....kidding, but not by much) because of cutscenes, etc.

Most of the time you'll be able to find what you're looking for by opening BIF's>Templates>Blueprint, Characters. The rest of the time, you'll need to find the character npc file in the module. When you expand the module, you see trees for doors, placeables, waypoints, and characters amongst other things. Expand Characters and you'll be able to find utc's there as well.

I hope that helps.
 Fizz
08-10-2004, 5:36 PM
Your post helped indeed, i found the files i'm looking for in the templates :)

Thank you so much, i really appreciate the help :)
 Achilles
08-10-2004, 5:39 PM
Originally posted by Fizz
Your post helped indeed, i found the files i'm looking for in the templates :)

Thank you so much, i really appreciate the help :)

No worries. Just remember what I said about there being more than one for some characters. You might mod the heck out something only to find that you added an item to a cut-scene NPC but the not the party member. Err....someone told me that they did that once...wasn't me though:rolleyes:

Let me know if you need anything else.
 Fizz
08-10-2004, 7:25 PM
sure thing thanks again :D
 nacho35
08-10-2004, 9:32 PM
[i] Err....someone told me that they did that once...wasn't me though:rolleyes:
[/B]

...must have been some of those other guys huh
 Achilles
08-10-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by nacho35
...must have been some of those other guys huh

Yeah, it was....someone....someone from the forums. Yeah that's it.
 Darth333
08-10-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Achillies
No worries. Just remember what I said about there being more than one for some characters. You might mod the heck out something only to find that you added an item to a cut-scene NPC but the not the party member. Err....someone told me that they did that once...wasn't me though:rolleyes:

Well I remember seing this. I think it happened to various people, including me. The reason: the game sometimes uses different .utc files with the same name, in different modules, with different contents :mad:

Per example, Bandon on Manaan and Bandon on the Endar Spire have a .utc file with the same name but different scripts (that could normally be remedied with a conditional script that calls the ExecuteScript function depending on which planet you are) but what kills everything is the fact that Bioware used a different tag
:mad: The weird thing is that they use unique .utc files for Korriban and Tatoine :confused:
 Achilles
08-10-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
Well I remember seing this. I think it happened to various people, including me. The reason: the game sometimes uses different .utc files with the same name, in different modules, with different contents :mad:

Per example, Bandon on Manaan and Bandon on the Endar Spire have a .utc file with the same name but different scripts (that could normally be remedied with a conditional script that calls the ExecuteScript function depending on which planet you are) but what kills everything is the fact that Bioware used a different tag
:mad: The weird thing is that they use unique .utc files for Korriban and Tatoine :confused:

Talk about a pain. I made a mod once that I wanted to place on Bandon, but I found out that I was going to have to mod bandon.utc files for every planet. Grrr!

Same thing with Calo Nord.
Page: 1 of 1